Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Strongest clutch cover?? (/showthread.php?t=3875)

Rattler 13-Oct-2003 14:51

Strongest clutch cover??

......I'm looking to get a strong clutch cover for the 996, I've strength tested a couple!!!:frog::frog::frog: and found that the carbon one I first tested was useless (no **** Sherlock!!) and the Casoli one was pretty good.

Anyone else had experience of good / bad ones?

How does the standard (double skinned) cover stand up in comparison?

I've presently got one of those Titanium STM jobs fitted - which I reckon won't stand much impact.

Tim

Rattler 13-Oct-2003 14:53

Like this one!!!

everton 13-Oct-2003 20:10

Tim,

This one arrived for my 999 from Tecmoto today. Can't fit it yet as MCN have still got the bike but the quality looks spot on and very strong. I would imagine that the 996 version would be just as good.

Jon 13-Oct-2003 21:17

Tim JHP have one that is miles stronger that Tecmoto. More ribs to it. The one I had from Tecmoto done the job, but only just. I repaced it because I know that it won't take another fall.

Jon

Guido 14-Oct-2003 00:00

Tim,

Another option might be a strengthened pressure plate.

It had raised sections that protect your spring posts

I'm sure there was a link to one (Felix???) from this site recently.

Seemed quite reasonable on price at the time too.

antonye 14-Oct-2003 10:33

Looking at the clutch half-covers, I would have thought that these provide less protection as the bike is more likely to slide nose-first, and there ain't much protection at the front!

Surely in this case a ventilated full cover, like Everton showed above, would be better?

How about a titanium one? :D

DJ Tera 14-Oct-2003 10:40

NCR make a full cover in titanium - daytona MCs in ruislip and islington sell a DP one out of titanium too

They do a DSC discount an' all!

998Addict 14-Oct-2003 13:56

Tim

I've "test driven" two Casoli ones - very good.

KeefyB 14-Oct-2003 14:42

Ive got one of these Casoli covers on my 999.I have'nt crash tested it,but it seems to be a fairly solid bit of kit.

Rattler 14-Oct-2003 15:45

Thanks for the responses guys....

....Guido - I've got a STM fitted, so a reinforced pressure plate can't help here....

I like the look of the TecMoto full cover over the Casoli one, so might opt for that.

Does anyone know how strong the standard ones are? I might use this, but it'll not allow much airflow, unless I space it out and it won't show the bloody expensive slipper!!!!

Tim:frog::frog: