Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Is Facebook Killing Forums? (/showthread.php?t=83920)

Dementor 13-Feb-2011 22:09

Is Facebook Killing Forums?

As the title suggests.....

Instant contact and conversation
Chat facility
Events facility inc. meets, rideouts etc.
Groups of common interest
Companies like Ducati UK & Dealers on FB
Post pictures and videos.

I know that it doesn't necessarily allow newcomers in, but established groups can do just about anything that can be done on a forum. Well maybe not find out where to put your tax disc :lol:

.....Discuss

Bionicle 14-Feb-2011 00:19

Not sure it is, most people only allow certain people onto their FB page, a lot of mine are family and DD riders, i still post on forums even if its duplicated on FB

smilo006 14-Feb-2011 09:45

I think facebook is overrated. However the Americans are happy because now it is helping save the world as well!!

bradders 14-Feb-2011 10:08

doesnt make any difference to me, I still visit the usual sites and post rides, questions etc etc as well as use text and phone.

But you may have a point for chat, but then lots get peed off with inane banter on forums so maybe not a bad thing

chris.p 14-Feb-2011 13:29

What efect it has is pretty small, but as Bradders say's, it does tend to get rid of the inane banter.

Chris:burn:

hawkati 14-Feb-2011 13:41

i use faceache to promote gigs and contact a few mates. I ignore the bulk of the comments that go along the lines of "today i had a sandwich"

in terms of bike forums i use this a bit and mainly the Performance Bikes forum and its ******* offspring, PBX - a fine selection of conversations without bounds and a good bunch of friends that I occasionally meet for eats, drinks, rideouts, trackdays etc.
So -faceache - almost but not quite irrelevant compared to the satisfaction of communicating with a good bunch of mates.

Loz 14-Feb-2011 16:12

I'm still waiting for AntonyE to reactivate the DSC chat website.

antonye 14-Feb-2011 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz
I'm still waiting for AntonyE to reactivate the DSC chat website.

Ah yes, the one I spent ages writing only for it to be abused by a few!

I should have another look at those scripts as it was quite a nice little project...