Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   999 Headlight Adjustment (/showthread.php?t=29316)

SuperRetard 12-Apr-2006 21:37

999 Headlight Adjustment

Are those black knobs supposed to adjust my headlights? They don't seem to have any effect?

SuperRetard 12-Apr-2006 22:04

They do work... eventually... thought I was gonna get RSI :o

Carbon749 12-Apr-2006 22:07

Yep they do work eventually and yep thay are C**P

SuperRetard 13-Apr-2006 10:18

That, and Ducati seem to have stashed half a dozen broken hypodermics by the lower knob, my fingers look like I've been knife fighting.

jodycraw 31-Jan-2008 18:08

Old thread ressurected here, but my bike just failed the MOT on headlight adjustment (and damn exhaust stamping). My black knobs don't do anything, it's like they're not attached to anything inside the light unit. And yes i've tried turning them loads and loads x 10 times.

It's almost like the thread's have come off or stripped - is this possible? Is there anything I can do to re-attach them? (it's a 2004 749s)

Sharpy G 31-Jan-2008 18:17

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jodycraw
my bike just failed the MOT on headlight adjustment (and damn exhaust stamping)

not sure about the headlight, but for the exhaust ?

KeefyB 31-Jan-2008 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharpy G
not sure about the headlight, but for the exhaust ?

Works for me.;)

Carbon749 31-Jan-2008 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jodycraw
Old thread ressurected here, but my bike just failed the MOT on headlight adjustment (and damn exhaust stamping). My black knobs don't do anything, it's like they're not attached to anything inside the light unit. And yes i've tried turning them loads and loads x 10 times.

It's almost like the thread's have come off or stripped - is this possible? Is there anything I can do to re-attach them? (it's a 2004 749s)

Clearly going to wrong garage if they are fussy about a stamp, my 749r passed with Termi .... tester said it made it sound "right" :D

KeefyB 31-Jan-2008 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbon749
Clearly going to wrong garage if they are fussy about a stamp, my 749r passed with Termi .... tester said it made it sound "right" :D

Yeah but most of 'em are stamped 'FOR RACING USE ONLY'.Mr.MOT tester cannot ingnore that.;)

Carbon749 31-Jan-2008 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeefyB
Yeah but most of 'em are stamped 'FOR RACING USE ONLY'.Mr.MOT tester cannot ingnore that.;)

Get a really good welder with a tig kit, run a flat neat weld over the "For Racing Use Only", then run a similar weld down the other side of the can so they match. Clean up the welds with a scotch bright pad ..... sorted. :D