Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   New BBC weather site (/showthread.php?t=78487)

Fordie 10-Feb-2009 17:55

New BBC weather site

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209
Worth a look
Just the place to plan a dry line, if only this great British weather would go play some where else. Cannot remember such a long dismal winter Even the Snowdrops look peaved of. Its only some of the hardy souls of Hants that I see venturing out in very unbikable weather How's every one else handling it? 4D

skidlids 10-Feb-2009 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordie
Its only some of the hardy souls of Hants that I see venturing out in very unbikable weather How's every one else handling it? 4D

CAR :)

Dementor 10-Feb-2009 19:02

Demo bikes :D

bradders 10-Feb-2009 19:40

panzer tank :D

Ian 748 10-Feb-2009 22:14

Last ride for me was xmas eve…seems a while ago now. Since then fettling and a proper clean is keeping me busy. :)

MJS 11-Feb-2009 11:59

I've had to delay collecting my new bike as our road is still full of snow :(

skidlids 11-Feb-2009 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban996
I've had to delay collecting my new bike as our road is still full of snow :(

Is that as in brand spanking new on a 09 plate, or new to you

ChrisBushell 11-Feb-2009 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordie
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209
Worth a look
Just the place to plan a dry line, if only this great British weather would go play some where else. Cannot remember such a long dismal winter Even the Snowdrops look peaved of. Its only some of the hardy souls of Hants that I see venturing out in very unbikable weather How's every one else handling it? 4D

Like Skids, it is the cars at the moment and I am washing them at least twice a week just to get the salt off!

Saw a mate this morning and over a nice warm coffee we were whistfully talking about getting the bikes back on the road for the 1st of March, because hopefully by then the weather will have improved enough to venture out!

Chris

skidlids 11-Feb-2009 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
talking about getting the bikes back on the road for the 1st of March,

1st of March all roads lead to Silverstone for a bit of a pre season shake down and the March gathering of the Oxon/Berks regional meet

MJS 11-Feb-2009 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Is that as in brand spanking new on a 09 plate, or new to you

09... I wish...

No, it's new to me, 52 plate GSXR-750 (K2 if I remember right), just something to have some fun with through the summer :D