Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Parts For Sale & Wanted (/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   WANTED - Gear Pedal, direct attach type (/showthread.php?t=85753)

PDL 05-Mar-2012 10:32

WANTED - Gear Pedal, direct attach type

I am sure I have seen a gear pedal that connects directly to the gear spline, made by someone on here. The distance to centres on my bike is approx 5 1/2 inches. Just stocking up on spares.

bradders 05-Mar-2012 10:46

Just fitted one to my monster now I'm using Chas's plates for rear sets. So much better than turning the linkage upside down!!

PDL 05-Mar-2012 11:11

Where did you buy it from, I would like one too

bradders 05-Mar-2012 11:48

got mine from Spence and Ant didnt reply to a couple of mails. But he sells them thru avanti. Think any would be ok on SS, on a monster if you use the racespares type rearsets its too close to fit one, but the SS ones are higher so could try eby. Seem £25-35 the going rate

Bionicle 05-Mar-2012 12:44

Yes as Paul said Ant does sell some that will fit nicely, so you could drop him a PM never looked back since fitting reverse shift on my bikes, takes a short while to get used to but afer that its second nature.

skidlids 05-Mar-2012 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionicle
Yes as Paul said Ant does sell some that will fit nicely, so you could drop him a PM never looked back since fitting reverse shift on my bikes, takes a short while to get used to but afer that its second nature.

Not for some of us, I tried it last year even converted two of the road bikes, changing up gear while on the back wheel proved interesting also cost me time on track as it wasn't natural after riding 1 down the rest up for the last 39 years.

But it certainly does work for many, just not me.
I'm told Antony will be at Brands on Sunday so maybe he should bring a few with him

Ghost 05-Mar-2012 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Not for some of us, I tried it last year even converted two of the road bikes, changing up gear while on the back wheel proved interesting also cost me time on track as it wasn't natural after riding 1 down the rest up for the last 39 years.

But it certainly does work for many, just not me.
I'm told Antony will be at Brands on Sunday so maybe he should bring a few with him

+1 to that.

848spence 16-Mar-2012 20:12

Right who wants one as hopefully by the time i get back from skiing on 24th I should have some come in. £30 posted