Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Series Information (/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Fairing Fitting... (/showthread.php?t=126292)

spliff187 08-Jul-2012 07:49

Fairing Fitting...

Hi Guys,

I know a few of you out there are using the 916/748/996 etc race fairings.
Im just waiting for my 916 race fairing to turn up from Ricambi Weiss and wounderd if anyone had any hints or tips as to how they fitted theirs ?
I have the Ricambi Weiss 916 seat unit for the SS which fits lovely but I know I will probably have to change the front fairing stay etc for the fairing as this is not designed with the SS in mind....
Any pointers ?

Thanks Chad. :)

Bionicle 08-Jul-2012 08:50

Hi Chad,

for nose cone you need to be looking for something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-848...=item589073e57 but for 916/996 series bike

Then you will need to sort some flat aluminium to make brackets for belly pan and side panels,

pop along to a DD meet and you will be able to see on the bikes what you need.

spliff187 08-Jul-2012 09:03

Morning Bionicle,

Thanks for the tips, I guessed I would need the relavant 916 etc Fairing stay, making up some brakets for the belly pan is not an issue either.
Im hopping to be at Cadwell next weekend to watch you guys, its okay watching DD from my sofa on Motors TV and youtube but I really do wanna get a feel for it so I will be there for the weekend if this rain ever stops!!!
It would be great to see some of your bikes in the flesh to see if Im on the right track with my build :)

bradders 08-Jul-2012 10:20

Or you could fit the top, minus the sides of the top fairing, and a small bellypan. Some say looks nicer, some worse, but easier than also fitting the side fairing and less weight

skidlids 09-Jul-2012 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
Or you could fit the top, minus the sides of the top fairing, and a small bellypan. Some say looks nicer, some worse, but easier than also fitting the side fairing and less weight

And less effected by side winds, which is why the side fairings on my bike have now gone

bradders 09-Jul-2012 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
And less effected by side winds, which is why the side fairings on my bike have now gone

Noticed that on tv coverage. Was choice then, not necessity?

skidlids 09-Jul-2012 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
Noticed that on tv coverage. Was choice then, not necessity?

Yep Paul, it was choice, the flat sides of the 998 fairing just don't allow any side winds to pass through, I pulled out of the 3rd race at Anglesey after getting blown off my line several times which was not only dangerous for me but also for anybody trying to come alongside me.

I suffered a similar issue at Cadwell two years ago, but thought I would stick with it, Anglesey made my mind up and I will probably be looking at fitting a 750/900SSie top fairing at some point

spliff187 09-Jul-2012 18:12

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I watched the racing at Anglesey on Motors TV the other week, It didnt look very nice at all !!

Chad.

Ghost 09-Jul-2012 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by spliff187
Thanks for all the advice guys.

I watched the racing at Anglesey on Motors TV the other week, It didnt look very nice at all !!

Chad.

It wasn't nice at Oulton either 2 weeks after. :eek: :o

bradders 09-Jul-2012 18:46

Anglesey....brrrrrr shiver