Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   DSC discounts!!! (/showthread.php?t=26945)

doogalman 10-Feb-2006 17:11

DSC discounts!!!

Is there a list of what DSC discounts are available to members. What discounts are dealers / suppliers offering if any. Who do members use that offer discounts. Is there a list???

AK 10-Feb-2006 21:18

:eureka:

check out Pronto?

C:)

TopiToo 10-Feb-2006 21:56

Hello doogalman

I have had discounts from dealers for parts, when I say DSC, but nothing special to be honest.

Maybe you need to know the right peeps.

What I would like to see in Pronto is a list of discounted items specific to the different models, (such as sparkplugs/nuts and bolts etc) and not the same old companys offering £10 off some carbon fiber.

regards

TopiToo

doogalman 11-Feb-2006 00:36

MMmm, i think its often a case of if your face fits rather than wether you belong. If there are no guidelines then why should you get a discount.
Not got pronto to hand. Whats in there??

butch890 11-Feb-2006 06:32

As the newly appointed commercial manager i have been tasked with updating the discounts available to members.
For instance i am in discussions with the Frank Thomas group(FT,motrax,revitts,bikezone,lintec) Hien Gerrick ,Grand prix racewear (brembo and all things racing) plus a couple of others.
Look at what you do for a living ,does your company have something of use to DSC members,are there discounts to be had ,if o please u2ume with contact details and i will try to set smething up.
I am also keen to set up some form of formal deal with Ducati dealers for the benefit of all members.
My aim is to be able to offer DSC members an honest £100 real saving per year.
Any ideas please let me know
Butch

andyb 11-Feb-2006 08:51

Quote:

Originally posted by butch890
As the newly appointed commercial manager i have been tasked with updating the discounts available to members.
For instance i am in discussions with the Frank Thomas group(FT,motrax,revitts,bikezone,lintec) Hien Gerrick ,Grand prix racewear (brembo and all things racing) plus a couple of others.
Look at what you do for a living ,does your company have something of use to DSC members,are there discounts to be had ,if o please u2ume with contact details and i will try to set smething up.
I am also keen to set up some form of formal deal with Ducati dealers for the benefit of all members.
Butch

Ive had a word Butch .....but my bosses say we cant offer a discount, youll have to pay full price!:lol::lol:

aka.eric 11-Feb-2006 09:45

Cornerspeed - Neil looks after members,such as free postage on parts.

Redruth 11-Feb-2006 10:04

Butch, I didn't know about this? Self-appointed or by committee? Anyway, congrats. Now, if you could start negotiating for discounts on wine, I'll definitely vote for your security of tenure in this post. ;)

Personally, I find a cheeky smile and a reference to having lots of biker mates in the DSC gets me a bit of a discount. Not everywhere though. Some people just give me the 'no chance luv' look. Still, I'm not the kind of woman who can't take a knock back, I just take my business elsewhere. :roll::roll::roll:

butch890 11-Feb-2006 13:37

Ruthie darling ,i already have a deal of 100% discount on wine (as some of you know)unfortunatly i cannot swing a deal for club members on the same terms.
Free bottles do occasionally make there way to members who are having a bad day !;)
Butch

Iconic944ss 11-Feb-2006 14:06

I dont think its particularly right to expect a discount simply by being a member of a club (even if its as good as the DSC).

I dont have a business of any type but to me, discounts have gotta be two way, those offering the discount need to see some benefit as well - either in advertising or in an increase of customers - hopefully via the sponsored club.

Insurance seems to be the most likely candidate for discounts and there have been many threads about insurance on here, one problem being that anything to with insurance seems to be a nightmare to me!!!

Perhaps a poll to see if there is a preferred insurer might be of use ???

Cheers - Frank

doogalman 11-Feb-2006 15:51

I used to belong to clubs that were affiliated to the bmf and there were some good discount schemes around. Dealers seemed happy then. A few years ago mind .
Even when i was a courier you were quite capable of decent discounts.

[Edited on 11-2-2006 by doogalman]

psychlist 11-Feb-2006 17:04

Quote:

Originally posted by doogalman
I used to belong to clubs that were affiliated to the bmf......

The DSC is affiliated to the BMF.

Redruth 11-Feb-2006 19:53

Quote:

Ruthie darling ,i already have a deal of 100% discount on wine (as some of you know)unfortunatly i cannot swing a deal for club members on the same terms.
Free bottles do occasionally make there way to members who are having a bad day !;)
Butch

You're absolutely right Butch :D:D I've given myself a good slap for being so cheeky :lol:

Ray 16-Feb-2006 16:26

Butch,

I'm sure you already know that some Ducati dealers offer 10% to DSC members on parts, with a few caveats. There is a section on this site that lists some discounts but a few companies listed there no longer trade.

As has been pointed out there are also the discounts to be had from affiliation to the BMF.

Just getting the details of existing deals to be had would be a great start.

Round 'em up and put them on the site and in Pronto (once a year?)

Ray.

Half man half mole 19-Feb-2006 22:58

Bearing in mind how many Ducati owners visit this site who are not D.S.C. members, I think promoting established discounts (AA, etc) would boost membership considerably. A serious marketing point which is worth considering. And the bigger the club gets, the bigger the discounts we should be able to wangle for members.......

Moley:rodent:

PS Pronto has limited amount of readers (ie. members) so its vital D.S.C. discounts are promoted on the website.

Fiver 20-Feb-2006 00:52

As a new owner to a Ducati (sadly not an owner to a new Ducati..) im very interested in joining the DSC.

I will be waiting for a little while to see how things go with my bike, but i like the sound of the benefits of being part of an organisation like this.

I doubt very highly that i will ever race (my body has medical reservations about me doing anything fun like that), but its nice to know that there are aspects to being part of the DSC that appeal to and benefit non racers and every day riders.

Its comforting to find that people are patient on the website for newbies like me.
Theres also a nice amount of banter too! hehehe - The cowbell comment still makes me chuckle.
:D:D:D

Henners 20-Feb-2006 01:04

Fiver - welcome. The club isn't just about discounts although they are always welcome and Butch will do a great job in searching them out. It's also about the kind of things you can't put a price on like ...

CK :lol:

doogalman 20-Feb-2006 07:41

Hoiw about people listing outlets and organisations that they obtain benefits or discounts from, here for a start. Also what rate of discount. I for one have never had a penny discount, but i am probably an exception, Enlighten me and all. Do any dealers discount for members? If so how much?? What about on servicing??? That is the big one that would attract new members!!! That would easilly make joining worth while.

gary-g 22-Feb-2006 13:57

P & H Crawley have always offered a discount if you ask them nicely and wave your card about a bit.

psychlist 22-Feb-2006 20:21

W.M.Snell in Alton give a discount to all card carrying DSC members and they're authorised Ducati dealers.

RD 22-Feb-2006 20:31

Quote:

Originally posted by: psychlist.

W.M.Snell in Alton give a discount to all card carrying DSC members and they're authorised Ducati dealers.

Ditto. A great bunch they are too.:)

deej 23-Feb-2006 01:22

its not much butch but i can provide free crisps at any trackday im at,darent post anything breakable these days, a mans got to have some perks working for walkers hasnt he

WeeJohnyB 23-Feb-2006 09:53

10% discount for all paid up members with No Limits Trackdays. 2 days and you've paid for your membership. Click on the link below. See ya there

oh and I agree.....this club is not about discounts for me, although they are a nice added bonus.

WeeJohnyB

Paul James 06-Mar-2006 07:24

Quote:

Butch

Grahames aim here is fantastic, amounting to offering savings of best part of £70,000 if every member gets the £100 benefit !!!!

He will need our help to achieve this so if you have any ideas or offers to make he can be contacted via his DSC email address: commercial@ducatisportingclub.com

Any non members using the message board must be convinced of the value of joining now, if only to get the discounts !

The club is of course about much more than that but it has to be a benefit.

Space will be made available in Pronto for Grahame to list details as the tally of organisations offering discounts mounts, no doubt we will also have the details sorted out on the members area of the web site as well.

Another positive step for 2006 and from a new member on the Management Team bringing some fresh ideas on board.

I'm sure we will all be watching the progress with great interest.

Good luck Grahame, go get 'em !!!