Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Track Day 2011 - options (/showthread.php?t=84326)

bradders 01-May-2011 20:31

Track Day 2011 - options

I know Ant is away and he said there are discussions going on, but 2 things; I think waiting until after the DUK day is way too late and I'm incredibly impatient!

So, a fair number put their name to doing a trackday, so here are a few options for NL dates in the summer. I haven't done a poll, just want feedback then can speak to them when they are back from their foreign jolly about whether they will reserve some space for a given time at the most chosen event

Donington Park GP noisy Tues 28 June 2011 - £165.00
Cadwell Park Mon 04 Jul 11 - £99.00
Cadwell Park Tue 05 Jul 11 OPEN PITLANE - £125.00
Oulton Double Deal 14 and 15 June 11 - £289.00
Snetterton 300 Mon 15 Aug 11 - £99.00
Snetterton 300 Tues 16 Aug 11 - TBA -

so - Cadwell, Oulton and Snetterton could be 2 day events, while Donny just the one. Dont know if yiou can camo at Donnyt, but may be find something local if no??

My vote is cadwell :D
anyway, just an idea right now. I WILL be booking something with the usual crowd this year, more the merrier

for DD riders it will always be just before or after an event, thats how it is. Happy for anyone to suggest alternatives....

Cranker V2 01-May-2011 22:06

July at cadwell would be ok for me on the monday.

Ghost 01-May-2011 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
I know Ant is away and he said there are discussions going on, but 2 things; I think waiting until after the DUK day is way too late and I'm incredibly impatient!

So, a fair number put their name to doing a trackday, so here are a few options for NL dates in the summer. I haven't done a poll, just want feedback then can speak to them when they are back from their foreign jolly about whether they will reserve some space for a given time at the most chosen event

Donington Park GP noisy Tues 28 June 2011 - £165.00
Cadwell Park Mon 04 Jul 11 - £99.00
Cadwell Park Tue 05 Jul 11 OPEN PITLANE - £125.00
Oulton Double Deal 14 and 15 June 11 - £289.00
Snetterton 300 Mon 15 Aug 11 - £99.00
Snetterton 300 Tues 16 Aug 11 - TBA -

so - Cadwell, Oulton and Snetterton could be 2 day events, while Donny just the one. Dont know if yiou can camo at Donnyt, but may be find something local if no??

My vote is cadwell :D
anyway, just an idea right now. I WILL be booking something with the usual crowd this year, more the merrier

for DD riders it will always be just before or after an event, thats how it is. Happy for anyone to suggest alternatives....

£225 at Cadders is peferable to £290 at Oulton except for the ones on Oulton doorstep,

PDL 01-May-2011 23:05

Cadwell on a Monday for me, travel Sunday, camp, BBQ, couple of beers etc

antonye 01-May-2011 23:09

Seriously guys, no point in debating it as we have everything arranged but don't want to announce anything until Silverstone is done.

Sorry to be an arse but that's just the way it is.

dunlop0_1 01-May-2011 23:10

Donington, Oulton or Cadwell. :D

Gbyte666 01-May-2011 23:47

Seriously Antonye anounce it please, call it provisional, whats the secret whats the point in holding out utill after Silverstone ?
Like peeps have said they have other plans that need to be made.

Craig

antonye 02-May-2011 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Seriously Antonye anounce it please, call it provisional, whats the secret whats the point in holding out utill after Silverstone ?
Like peeps have said they have other plans that need to be made.

Craig

As with most dealings that the MT have, some of this stuff is commercially sensitive so by talking about them in an open and public forum will either jeopardise or at least sour any deal we have.

As an official Ducati club, we want to act in the best interests of our members and also support the activities and events of Ducati and Ducati UK, so that we (the club) may also be supported should there be such an opportunity. At this point in time it is within our best interests to support the DUK event at Silverstone in 3 weeks time. There will be plenty of time after this to announce anything else we may be doing.

<thread swerve> In the mean time I'm busy working on the next edition of Pronto, so if anyone has any stories or events they would like to see in it, please drop me an email!!

bradders 02-May-2011 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
As with most dealings that the MT have, some of this stuff is commercially sensitive so by talking about them in an open and public forum will either jeopardise or at least sour any deal we have.

As an official Ducati club, we want to act in the best interests of our members and also support the activities and events of Ducati and Ducati UK, so that we (the club) may also be supported should there be such an opportunity. At this point in time it is within our best interests to support the DUK event at Silverstone in 3 weeks time. There will be plenty of time after this to announce anything else we may be doing.

<thread swerve> In the mean time I'm busy working on the next edition of Pronto, so if anyone has any stories or events they would like to see in it, please drop me an email!!

ok, compromise time; what about a date. If you wait until June most will have made holiday plans, and if it doesnt suit some of us we can set that aside and do our own thing

Dementor 02-May-2011 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
ok, compromise time; what about a date. If you wait until June most will have made holiday plans, and if it doesnt suit some of us we can set that aside and do our own thing

+1 to that Paul.