Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   998R improvements (/showthread.php?t=13601)

BDG 27-Jan-2005 16:42

Mario

I'd suggest suspension route as well, see DaveB916's post about items for sale on ebay, there's an Ohlins shock for sale, its just been serviced but you could still get it resprung/revalved to suit you for less than the cost of a new one.

Does that put me in the Q for the pix as well:D

MarioP 27-Jan-2005 16:44

Thanks for all the new replies!

Nobody has suggested to replace the air filter with, say, a Casoli special filter (see attached). It would cost ~£70 (all included), but do not know if it is worth the money.

In addition, would I have to still keep the atmospheric pressure sensor, which I plan to remove when I insert my track-only front nose?

Ciao, Mario:eureka:

P.S.: I got this bike because a dear friend of mine has a great contact in the factory...

[Edited on 27-1-2005 by MarioP]

antonye 27-Jan-2005 16:51

Airbox air filters? Read this first....
http://ducatisportingclub.com/contro...d.php?tid=1701

Jon 27-Jan-2005 19:36

Mario, one of the reasons I put rearsets on my list, is that they do help protect a bike when it bites the dust. Std pegs fold up so that the clutch cover takes a hammering. The cpu is on the right hand side, if the bar and the foot peg brake off/fold up, etc. The cpu is left very vulnerable.. Another tip is to apply extra layer of grp/kevlar to the inside of the fairing for added protection.

Walenut 27-Jan-2005 20:59

Mario, that’s such a rare and interesting bike and its probably going to be worth a fortune in the future, I’d put it on the road to show off and spend the money on a 916 for the track before you bin it and its lost forever.

deej 30-Jan-2005 23:27

Quote:

Originally posted by Dseered
Now come on MarioP, I am sure there are more in that set of piccies !

DCR

bring em on

or should that be out

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

MarioP 31-Jan-2005 22:33

Guys,

You have all been great in providing feedback and suggestions. I have therefore decided to send you this second (of a total set of 3, and last one is out of focus!)picture of my bike...

One last question: how could I get my hands on a mechanic manual for a 998R?

Cheers, Mario

adam 31-Jan-2005 22:50

some one get that damn woman out of the way. ;)