Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Your DD bike - have YOU prepped it? (/showthread.php?t=25199)

AK 20-Dec-2005 23:23

Your DD bike - have YOU prepped it?

Or not?

Just made me think, cos AK now involved in assisting to prep another 2 x 583's.

Truth time lads

Ours done all by AK (and meeee! - I do the 'taking things apart bit) except the fairing painting.
AK is perfectly able to do them himself tho - its just that Andy wanted to 'share' in the work too:D

skidlids 20-Dec-2005 23:29

Um I wonder what I voted for

AK 20-Dec-2005 23:30

Quote:

Originally posted by skidlids
Um I wonder what I voted for

I couldnt begin to guess;)

Scooter916 20-Dec-2005 23:46

All done be mee too.
Even dialing in the cams FWIW. Should have some pics of the build to post soon, All powdercoated and shiney new.:D

phoenix n max 20-Dec-2005 23:47

Hmmm - well it's a 'team' effort here I think with some mechanicals subbed out. Most of the work done in my living room as I have no garage.
We're having a Team bike prepping weekend on 21st Jan here - Curry and Beers Included :D
Not sure how it will pan out throughout next year though with 3 bikes and my 'other' plans ;)

NBs996 20-Dec-2005 23:57

I've done a few bits, but nearly all the work is done by PeteB cos that's how our setup works...

I'd be quite happy to do it myself, but - a) Pete's infinately better than me with a spanner, b) I don't ask him to ride it for me, c) it's his bike!

Seemed to work a treat this season - we finished 5th mainly cos the bike was so well maintained, well oiled and didn't miss a beat all year. Think we'll stick to the same format for 06 and another top ten should be achievable :)

butch890 21-Dec-2005 07:50

All 3 of mine are done by me apart from Extreme painting the shiney bit and some bloke in coventry who is doing the engines.
Got a stack of tote boxes all labelled in the barn which i will be working my way through over crimble,cleaning ,checking and sorting for zylon coating and painting.
All 3 frames away being painted ,chris is making 2 new fuel tanks,bodywork for the sport is away being modded to include acu bellypan .
Just wish i didnt have all these bl**dy parcels to deliver!:lol:
Butch

boggy 8 21-Dec-2005 09:15

Geoff Baines does all of my prep, i do have to pay unfortunatly.

But i do ride it myself.:D

multi600 21-Dec-2005 10:02

I don't have a bike yet:(

AK 21-Dec-2005 10:04

Mike, there is a M620 for £2500 on the UKMOC board, just been posted up this week

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=15359

dunno if thats any help:puzzled:

C:)