Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   1098; Have you ordered one? (/showthread.php?t=38953)

gossa 17-Nov-2006 15:03

1098; Have you ordered one?

Come on then, let's get down to the nitty gritty, who has actually put their hands in their pockets and ordered one without even seeing it?

I have and so has a friend, just curious how much faith you all have?

madmav 17-Nov-2006 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by gossa
Come on then, let's get down to the nitty gritty, who has actually put their hands in their pockets and ordered one without even seeing it?

I have ordered the thought of one !

But then I keep thinking my missus is still 22

lol

mav

Jools 17-Nov-2006 15:32

I ordered one last night...just before I woke up

antonye 17-Nov-2006 15:36

I want a Hypermotard instead :(

smilo006 17-Nov-2006 15:40

What do they want for them anyway.

Dibble 17-Nov-2006 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gossa

why would you do that though ?? not having a dig, just curious ... I've never understood the mindset behind such decisions ...

Dibble 17-Nov-2006 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
I want a Hypermotard instead :(

me too !!! :)

VanDaMauler 17-Nov-2006 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIBBLE
me too !!! :)

Me three!!! :D

I`m shifting the V Rod and I`ll be happy to replace it with a Hypermotard, But I dont think I would sell the Hodgy to get the 1098, As gorgeous as it is, I dont think its that much more gorgeous then the Hodgy and the 916/996/998 feels like it comes straight from the track, with it Dzus fairing fastners etc...it feels more like a "race" bike with lights on. (Just have to wait for them to start racing it I s`pose)

The 1098 is way more sexy then the 999 though, just thought I`d point that out :lol:

So yes to the hypermotard and a Hhhhhhhhmmmmmm I`ll have to wait to see and ride the 1098S.

smilo006 17-Nov-2006 16:15

looking at Fast by Ferracci website they price the 999 at $17995. Ducati UK at £11250. ratio of 1.6.
So 1098 should cost £12,300, realistic?

pedro 17-Nov-2006 16:16

end of 07 or 08 for me, only just got the 999s,no rush yet.

996 17-Nov-2006 16:22

Yes,I've had the demon on my shoulder all week telling me to buy one...so I have.

Really wasn't convinced till I saw some proper pics,but think the visual and the performance are on a par.Job done.

CK 17-Nov-2006 16:31

Just waiting for the ride height for the HM, before parting with hard earned credit card.......:D

Can anyone going obtain/measure seat height PLEASE??? (needs to be same height as 2002-5 M620 model for me to be happy) :)

749er 17-Nov-2006 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK
Just waiting for the ride height for the HM, before parting with hard earned credit card.......:D

Can anyone going obtain/measure seat height PLEASE??? (needs to be same height as 2002-5 M620 model for me to be happy) :)

consider it done CK!

Good luck!

iraqman 17-Nov-2006 16:35

Have hopefully just sold the 748 - money raised will go towards one in the spring depending on the reviews it gets !!

Are they coming in black ??? :-)

CK 17-Nov-2006 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by 749er
consider it done CK!

Good luck!

fankyoo:D

have been told I can have one for late xmas (by dealer), but need to order next week............hoping to sing "happy early burfday to meeeeeeee":devil:

but cant order without knowing if I'll be able to touch the ground happily, and I do like to get both feet at least on tippytoes down:borg:

NBs996 17-Nov-2006 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by smilo006
What do they want for them anyway.

Money!!

Snells have published prices for the 1098:
1098 - £11250 otr
1098s - £13995 otr
Tricolour - £15995 otr
Delivery of confirmed orders Dec/Jan
Don't know if that's the RRP or THEIR prices.

Demonstrator "available soon"

Can't wait to go have a look... plenty of space on the credit card too!

TopiToo 17-Nov-2006 17:49

Hello

As much as I would like a 1098, can not understand
why people buy without seeing them in the flesh.

more money than sence if you ask me.:confused:

there are always teething problems,

think I will wait until I can afford one, maybe never:)

TopiToo

749er 17-Nov-2006 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK

have been told I can have one for late xmas (by dealer), but need to order next week............hoping to sing "happy early burfday to meeeeeeee":devil:

but cant order without knowing if I'll be able to touch the ground happily, and I do like to get both feet at least on tippytoes down:borg:

Excellent, decided on your colour yet?

have you tried those platform Daytona boots melanie sells?

JPM 17-Nov-2006 18:41

Charlotte look at the HM it doesn't half look like it's pretty much a MS with different bodywork maybe I'm wrong but can you get on a multi?

KeefyB 17-Nov-2006 18:59

Well I wont be ordering one.
It looks too Japanese,..the rear end is a mess and far too many cheap looking plastic covers.
I'm sure it will grow on me in time,but right now I'll be keeping my 999S.

rcgbob44 17-Nov-2006 19:01

Her indoors would kill me!

Chef 17-Nov-2006 19:04

I really like it

& will buy one...............in 2/3 years

Unless I get a monster bonus/lotto win!

Dickie - you got any jobs going in the city???

iang 17-Nov-2006 19:14

I am undecided !

I like the front, tail and side plastics but the swinging arm looks monsterous in the pictures ( Might look better in the flesh ), that massive exhaust shield looks awful and I personally think the exhausts were only designed like that to please the old 916 brigade of which I was one of, a few years ago. They remind me of the awful exhausts strapped to the side of the ZX10 R, surely they could have hidden them a little like the desmosedici instead of using an old design. They do look much better in their Termignoni guise though.

Would I buy one, hmm, probably and may very well might, but the exhausts and that leg guard would be straight off.

Nice 749R anyone ? ( Over £18k spent ! )

Sharpy G 17-Nov-2006 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by iang
Nice 749R anyone ? ( Over £18k spent ! )

Ian, havent seen you around for a while m8 !

I'll have the exhaust ! :lol:

Stones 17-Nov-2006 20:00

Yep ordered mine 2 months ago.... comes week before xmas!!! Am trying to ignore my flippent spending, getting the s, having it re-sprayed and damn if I look at the accesories website one more time I will have to sell the house as well as the kids!!!

Stones 17-Nov-2006 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK

Have been told the seat hight is 820mm but rear ride height is adjustable not that that will make a big difference.... so about 40mm up on the 999 I think

clint 999R 17-Nov-2006 20:22

im more than happy with my 999r but if i was thinking about a new un i wouldent bother yet i would wait till ducati are ready to enter sbk with it because they could well do some changes and then you could well have a new old bike. plus i have allways like ducati because they are unique not sure they have done that this time bit mv jap to me.

Ray 17-Nov-2006 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeefyB
It looks too Japanese,..the rear end is a mess and far too many cheap looking plastic covers.

So this is a not yet then KeefyB:D ..................if you don't end up buying one some time then Ducati is in the deep brown smelly stuff:lol:

I can't think of many other people who have bought successive generations of Ducati over many, many years, I guess if you were as old as Monty you would have had every Model (motorcyclewise:) )

I'm still on the fence as it were until I see one for real.

Ray.

CK 17-Nov-2006 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPM
Charlotte look at the HM it doesn't half look like it's pretty much a MS with different bodywork maybe I'm wrong but can you get on a multi?

I have taken a multi on test JPM, and had to 'wriggle' to touch down on one side:borg:
If I 'had' to ride one again, it would only be to help a mate out, as I would not feel happy in having to do a 'shuffle forwards, wiggle to the left' each time I had to come to a complete halt - and making sure that there wasnt too much of a camber at the side too!:o
I did try & ride when doing slow speeds like I was on a crosser;) but it was a tad too heavy to bounce at traffic lights etc.

The 07 Multi is a tad taller (I understand:confused: ) than previous models - can someone confirm that?

Have also 'stolen' a 999 back when they 1st came out, and again ride height was an issue for the 'stop-start' bits

C, going off to buy a strengthned mini-moto:p

KeefyB 18-Nov-2006 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray
So this is a not yet then KeefyB:D ..................if you don't end up buying one some time then Ducati is in the deep brown smelly stuff:lol:

:lol: Yep,never say never,eh mate?!;) You know me too well!
I want to see how the bike evolves first,.....right now it dont float me boat.

KeefyB 18-Nov-2006 05:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK
The 07 Multi is a tad taller (I understand:confused: ) than previous models - can someone confirm that?

'07 bike has the same seat height as the '06.(850mm,according to the brochure).
The early Multi's had a differant,harder seat and a claimed seat height of 820mm.

bolds 18-Nov-2006 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK

Have also 'stolen' a 999 back when they 1st came out, and again ride height was an issue for the 'stop-start' bits

C, going off to buy a strengthned mini-moto:p

According to specs on Ducati.com 1098 seat height is 3" higher than 999:eek:

996 18-Nov-2006 10:08

On the Ducati website it says,seat height=820mm. My 999 handbook says,seat height=780mm. Therefore difference = 40mm or 1.6 inches in old money!

RD 18-Nov-2006 10:44

W. M. Snell has had my refundable deposit for several weeks now based on my approval or disapproval on close inspection in the metal of a 1098S.

I'd love the Hypermotard as well, but I don't fancy being castrated at Christmas. :eek:
"Balls are for life, not just for Christmas." :sniff:

gossa 18-Nov-2006 12:24

why buy before even seeing it? well because I love my 999 but this bike addresses what I didn't like about my 999 and I think it's such an important bike for ducati that they can't afford to get it wrong. I've got a test ride in less than a month and if i don't like it the deposit is refundable. I can't lose really.

gossa 18-Nov-2006 12:25

motorapido told me they are the same prices as teh 999, £11250 for base and £13995 for the s.

gossa 18-Nov-2006 12:28

yes they are coming in black, i'm going to let my own test ride be the judge rather than a journalist whose interests, preferences and ego might be very different to mine.

gossa 18-Nov-2006 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopiToo
Hello

As much as I would like a 1098, can not understand
why people buy without seeing them in the flesh.

more money than sence if you ask me.:confused:

there are always teething problems,

think I will wait until I can afford one, maybe never:)

TopiToo

More money than sense? Not at all. There are some things that I didn't like about my 999 and the 1098 adresses them. I own my own business, have two kids and any time for me is pretty precious so I enjoy it as much as I can.

I'm chopping in my 2005 999s and going for a base model 1098, if there are some teething problems then the warranty will cover those. If my 999 hasn't sold by the time I have my test ride then i'll just keep it.

gossa 18-Nov-2006 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeefyB

I know what you mean keefy, i'm not hot on the looks either but think i'm going to love the ride and for me it's that simple. If I don't i'll stick with my 999. As I said in my thread on the 999 forum, I think the 1098 will be good for the 999 as people will realise how inovative it is now Ducati have 'copped out' a bit to give the masses what they want.

I just wanted to get an idea of how many people on here were going to buy them on spec' or buy pending a test ride.

moto748 18-Nov-2006 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by 996
On the Ducati website it says,seat height=820mm. My 999 handbook says,seat height=780mm. Therefore difference = 40mm or 1.6 inches in old money!

That's ridiculous for a sportsbike!

Considering I find the seat height on my ST2 too high...:rolleyes:
and I'm no short-arse. But I like to be able to get both feet flat on the floor.

Are there really no plans for a 749-sized variant? Surely this is going to cost Ducati sales?