Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Schumacher on GP bike (/showthread.php?t=23299)

Steve M 24-Oct-2005 14:18

Schumacher on GP bike

Here

Redruth 24-Oct-2005 14:31

No doubt he's in search of whatever the secret is that makes bikers SOOOOooo much more interesting than F1 drivers. :devil::devil:

guest1 24-Oct-2005 15:01

Jeeeez, how boring would that be if bikeGP was same as F1?
But then again, if the cobbler does arrive in GP and he doesn't like the way he is being overtaken, then no doubt he will just shunt any nearby bike out of the way - in his F1 style manouevre.

Brogins 24-Oct-2005 17:24

well, is definetly not a bad bike rider... hat off to Schumi... 23 sec off Rossi last pole at mugello...
jumping on a bike not easy to ride - I would love it, but I will be scared to death to open the throttle with a desmosedici down the arrabbiata going in the finish line straight at 200mph...

If I am comparing Rossi lap time at Doningtom with mine.. I guess is better to hang my helmet and change sport....
Of course I am just an engineer, not a F1 car PILOT!!!!

antonye 24-Oct-2005 17:40

Didn't Rossi get within 3 seconds of Schuey's lap times when he tested the F1 car?

Maybe Schuey will get within 3 seconds of Rossi's lap times as well?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Crunchy 24-Oct-2005 18:43

That would be interesting to know. How far off Shuey's best lap time was Rossi in a F1 car. Does anyone know:puzzled:

kye 24-Oct-2005 20:04

23 seconds compared to Rossi's 3 seconds, links off that page now

Rattler 24-Oct-2005 20:21

from the report;

"In fairness, while Rossi has raced cars before and done much in ther way of go-karting, Schumacher’s biking experience is far more limited: he rides Ducati Monsters and Harleys, and as we all know the penalties for lobbing a bike in a fit of over-enthusiasm is far higher than chucking a car in the gravel. "

He rides Monsters, so he must be an experienced racer - no excuses!!! ;)

madmav 25-Oct-2005 00:19

oh wasn't Shuey's 7 times world champion in his chosen sport:smug::smug::smug:
get real guys he's still a legend in his own right! and he could probably ride the duke faster on his first time out lap than most of us could ever imagine doing:cool:

Rattler 25-Oct-2005 00:37

Quote:

Originally posted by madmav
oh wasn't Shuey's 7 times world champion in his chosen sport:smug::smug::smug:
get real guys he's still a legend in his own right! and he could probably ride the duke faster on his first time out lap than most of us could ever imagine doing:cool:

Yeh - but he's a tw@ ;)