Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Pads for RS (Racing) discs? (/showthread.php?t=553)

yeti 02-Jun-2003 08:37

Pads for RS (Racing) discs?

Have now managed to aquire a set of Brembo discs off a 748RS, not sure quite what the material is, but probably some kind of cast stainless.

Apart from modifying the brake caliper mountings to take the 5mm wider offset, was wondering if anyone could advise as to the best type of pads for use with them? I have monoblock calipers. will probably run bendix again, but all advice gratefully accepted. :sing:

Felix 02-Jun-2003 08:55

The RS discs are indeed cast stainless steel. I run them on my RS bike with Bendix carbon matrix pads. Highly recommended. And you're right they are made for the RS wheels and have a different setup. If you can't get them to fit, I am after a set myself. Any more around?

yeti 03-Jun-2003 15:19

Felix, will probably run the same bendix pads as before.

Doubt you will find many of these discs floating about, they appear fairly rare.

Can do the modifications myself pretty easily, just a case of moving the caliper mounting brackets outboard by 5mm.

KJ 05-Jun-2003 09:54

I have Corse Disks . . .

that are cast stainless and use standard Brembo Sintered pads - they are superb - no fade - no need to warm em up - massive stopping power staright out of the box!

Plus they have little wear on the disks to boot!

KJ