Old 01-Feb-2011, 11:40
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilo006
it was there seemed to be a significant amount of publicity middle last year and then little else. However it seems that it was shown to annual dealer meeting this year.

It's interesting to compare with how the 1098 was released to the public - virtually no spy shots whatsoever and then suddenly it was all over the place; on their website, press releases and even in Bike magazine!

But similarly, the 1098 keeps a lot of the heritage of the previous line - belt driven cams, 90deg L-twin forward facing engine, trellis frame, dry clutch...

When you look at all the bikes Ducati have made in the last 10-15 years, they're all evolutions of the current design, even if they don't look like traditional Ducatis: Hypermotard, Multistrada 1200, Diavel ... all have the same recognisable Ducati traits.

I'm just a bit sceptical that there will be such radical changes in the essence of what we consider to be a modern sports Ducati.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!