Thread: Which oil?
View Single Post
Old 28-Aug-2013, 10:06
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Great to meet you yesterday David, glad you had a good time and enjoyed the day. I don't think the weather could have been any better and the trackday was nicely full but not crowded so plenty of track time.

When we first started DD nearly 10 years ago, we got some oil from Shell as sponsorship. I used to run their Advance 10w40 Fully Synth in my Class A bike but suffered from quite a bit of clutch slip. Switching to the Advance 10w40 Semi-Synth made this go away!

I think it's pretty much down to personal preference as to what you run, and as Ghost says you'll probably get ten different answers.

I've found that buying oil from ebay has been cheapest - Busters/M&P do some great deals on 4L oil packs but beware that some sellers are offering older oil at discount prices - the Shell Advance bottles have changed from navy plastic to grey/silver plastic and have had the labels updated to match so you can tell the difference. I'm not sure how storage would affect the oil but it's worth bearing in mind.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!