View Single Post
Old 12-Jun-2003, 14:56
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
B*stard Exhausts!!!

Why do those half hour jobs always turn into a week long nightmare?

Got the bike's first MOT on saturday morning and I asked them about their policy on loud exhausts, but he was rather guarded and just said it would have to pass the MOT standard.

So I've been polishing up the originals over the last couple of nights, which have come up really well, and set about removing the 50mm CF Termis last night to swap them over. It will also give me a chance to polish them up too.

To say everything was held together tightly is an understatement!

The cans came off easily enough - I had a good laugh at the "FOR RACE USE ONLY" stamped into the can which is nicely hidden by the undertray - but could I get the link section out? Could I b*llocks!

Lots of swearing, sweat and a few lumps from the rubber mallet finally got the link section out with the main sections still attached as there was no way it was coming out by itself.

I've now polished up the main pipes and set about refitting the original (45mm) centre section but that too was a pain to line up properly and get it all fitting snugly. I ended up taking it all off again twice as it just didn't look right!

Only the end cans to fit tonight, which should be relatively easy, until I have to swap it all back again on saturday afternoon!