View Single Post
Old 06-May-2011, 09:18
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Bradders, don't worry, I see your point entirely and respect it: you want to do a trackday asap so you've organised one - more power to your elbow! My concern was that your efforts would be seen as an alternative to the "yet to be announced" DSC day, and with money being tight for everyone at the moment it would be a choice of your trackday or the DSC one.

As Roy pointed out, this is a forum for the club and if you want to get some mates together to go on a trackday then we're (the DSC) happy to provide the website for you to do that.

It's fair to say that there has been a lot of effort put into running the DSC by the MT and we have endured nothing but abuse and sniping from certain quarters, and it often feels like everything we do is wasted. Emotions run high whenever our efforts are undermined and I think sometimes that certain people don't realise how even a minor flippant remark or dig can really question why we do this - all for nowt! I even paid my membership renewal fee this month, and I'm the bloody chairman and the club owes me quite a chunk of money as well as countless hours of my spare time that I won't get back!

However, I am very proud to say that I have delivered on nearly every single point of my original statement about turning the club around (and there's still more to come yet!) with the help of the team around me. The fact that the club still exists, you guys are racing in DD again this year, the website is still here, you got a Pronto on your doormat (with another being created), we have our DDOC membership renewed, we did a factory trip, we are organising a track day ... so please forgive the occaisional outburst when it appears all this effort is for nought!

Looking at the dates you have it shouldn't be an issue with what we have planned, so please continue and let's all get back to enjoying this glorious weather!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!