Old 10-Mar-2004, 11:16
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by Backmarker
I am a DSC member (fully paid up) and also an Officer within Motorcycle Folly. MCF is a not-for-profit track club that has now been running for 16 years. I attend all the days which are open for all types of rider and bike. It is therefore disappointing that the MT won't allow the dates for this season to be put in the calendar. I have now tried twice and clearly my efforts are being blocked. Why is this ? MCF is not a commercial concern and a DSC member (me) will be present as a rider at each one of those days. What's the justification?

Hi,

The DSC MT doesn't have any input into the trackday calendar - it was created by me, runs on my own webspace (that I pay for) and is administrated by myself and Jim (Desmondo) in our spare time.

I've been in Dublin over the last couple of days and will need to check what is yet to be "put live" on the calendar, so it may be that it is just waiting the go ahead.

I'm sure it's just an oversight on our part - it may be that you didn't put down your DSC board name, membership number or made it clear (to us idiots!) that you were a DSC member. The reason that there is human intervention required to show events on the calendar is so that we don't get commercial concerns loading up the calendar with their own dates and obviously at their commercial gain.

As I said, I'll check the list of submitted events (which is now over 100!) and see if there are any waiting to be approved, and apologies for the delay.