View Single Post
Old 12-Apr-2005, 12:47
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Cheers frank.

I was thinking of a simple choke like you say - it's only a horizontal pull that is required so I could have mounted something really simple. It's just time and money to get a 916 clutch m/c sorted so I'll go with the original as I'm sure it will be adequate.

I did check the emulsion tubes (captions are for comedy effect only) and they appear fine. The carbs were Dynojetted at the same time - this was the reason they came off in the first place. The giveaway is the Dynoject box in the background on the last carb pic

I've used a local fastener supplier in the past but the only problem is getting there during working hours as I work in the City but live out in Essex. By the time I get home it's 6.30pm and I leave the house at 7.30am so no chance of "popping in" to most places. That's why I like eBay and mail-order, as I can order it from my work PC and it'll be there the next morning for me to fit that night. It's far better than having to wait until the weekend, only to find they're closed or the part is out of stock or you get everything but then realise there's something else you missed!

Plus, of course, getting parts of people like Nelly and Nattyboy helps to keep everything within the "community" and we end up supporting each other.

I've got lots of pics to upload so I'll get my site update when I get a chance and put some pics up.