Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Rayner
Thanks Antonye for the explanation.
Think I'll use paper & fax method.......

He he - sometimes the simplest methods are the best!

The shop is setup that way because the club is only allowed to sell Ducati-branded merchandise to it's members. I believe this is because this is in place to ensure that the club can use the word "Ducati" and associated logos without infringing on their trademarks and copyright - it's effectively a licensing deal.

If we were to offer/sell branded items to non-club members, it's breaking this agreement and the club gets in trouble. I think Ducati stipulated this because otherwise you could setup an affiliated club and then start flogging your own cheap Ducati gear to all and sundry under the licensing agreement.

Obviously this doesn't apply with the trackday, but it made sense to make the members-only trackday options visible only to members to avoid people just picking the cheapest option and then it being a logistical nightmare sorting people out!

And.... it all relies on the membership database being upto date and someone updating the website, which can be tricky if the paid-up members don't give their forum name when they pay, as the two systems are separate!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!