Old 09-Dec-2009, 13:33
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ells
So now we know Assen is just not going to happen how about an alternative?

I've already discussed this with Chris a couple of weeks ago, and we had an idea about a suitable replacement for Assen. Hopefully Chris will be following up on this to see if it can be done.

Don't forget that as a UK race club, it's a whole world of hassle to get a grid overseas; there's enough red-tape as it is in racing in the UK, let alone trying to get grid space, for what is essentially a novice series, on someone else's patch who may well have different rules. These things don't happen easily and they certainly don't happen overnight! BUT it is being looked at so fingers crossed something will happen.

In the mean time, look at the great series that you have got already, look at the great venues that have been confirmed and think yourselves lucky. You only have to compare it to most other classes in "ordinary" race clubs to see just how exceptional racing in DD can be, and I think some people take that for granted.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!