Old 17-Sep-2013, 14:03
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Post Ducati Factory Trip 2013 - Late November

All,

It appears that we are overdue another factory trip, so I thought I would organise something as it's been at least 12 months since I was there last

The plan is to go in late November as this avoids the pre-model announcement / EICMA lock-down that keeps us out of the factory. We normally go on a Wednesday or Thursday to ensure that the factory is running and flights are also usually cheaper on these days.

The usual routine is that we fly out early in the morning to arrive at Bologna airport around 11am. It is then a short bus ride (~10 mins) to the factory where we will have lunch in the staff canteen. A quick coffee/beer in the Ducati Caffé before we go on the tour of the factory to see engines and bikes being built, taking around 45mins to complete. We will then go to the museum where we will be given a tour of the history of Ducati and the bikes, riders and racing. We will then be free to wander around the museum, finishing off with a visit to the factory shop across the road. A meal in the evening and a few beers will follow then we'll head back to the airport to catch the late flight and arrive back in blighty around 10pm.

Yes, you really can do it all in a day!

Flights are currently less than £50 return from Stansted direct to Bologna. The bus is a €1.50 journey and lunch is around €5 a head. Add in money for evening meal and drinks and you're looking at around £80-£100 for the whole trip. There is no cost for the factory tour itself.

If you are interested in coming along, please reply below so we can get an idea of numbers.

Please note that you MUST be a fully paid up Club Member to join this trip.

Interest?

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!