Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Mrs Snot is in bits...... now getting better (/showthread.php?t=21106)

AK 23-Aug-2005 22:59

Mrs Snot is in bits...... now getting better

3 of them in the garage... 3 of us last nite too...

Have left the lads with long faces, after 'crasher Clemmans' had his wicked way with Mrs Snot at paddock in the gravel:ninja:

So much gravel stuck in all kinds of places:o

as some of you know, it was half full in the airbox (memo: make sure there is a cover of some sort on yours, if it's likely to play in gravel) - and also gravel down the bits to the pistons. Also gravel jammed into the fins from all angles.

Head at the front is off, lots of gravel in there too - more piled up against the piston....

AK needs a magic wand - and not just for the other broken bits that have to be replaced (seat pod, throttle, footset etc) - and I'm going to have to take out shares in Mr Sheen to get the paintwork in anything like a good condition that it was.

Brands? - wossat then? - 2 weeks??:o:o

I've come in now, to escape the long silences in the garage:sniff:

But keeping fingers xx'd that hubby, Doug & Mutters can mend/buy/steal/fix bits to get her living again:)

C

[Edited on 24-8-2005 by CK and AK]

Rattler 23-Aug-2005 23:03

Good luck - it was a real shame to see Mrs Snot all gravelly!!

Alan takes great pride in prepping his bikes and was sad to see her looking a bit abused.

But she'll be back I'm sure.

I just hope she cut out before the gravel went into the cylinders!!!
:barfy::barfy:

AK 23-Aug-2005 23:04

we dont think she did Tim:(

Tonio600 23-Aug-2005 23:10

no good to read... I really hope Alan the Desmo wizard is going to make her even more beautiful than before and in time for Brands.

Rattler 23-Aug-2005 23:10

Quote:

Originally posted by CK and AK
we dont think she did Tim:(

Bugga - 675 then for Brands?

Jon 23-Aug-2005 23:34

Sorry to hear of the little excursion CK. Am I right in thinking No 34 went the same way with a bandit on board?

NBs996 23-Aug-2005 23:38

Bad news there's so much damage to the Snot, but Paddock tends to take no prisoners, I've marshalled there and seen the mess :(

#34 just got a bit muddy, didn't hit the deck jon.
actually it looks a bit like a tractor now but this ain't my thread so I'll shut up!

AK 23-Aug-2005 23:40

#36 was carried away by enjoying himself so much, he didnt leave enough braking room... he said he hasnt slid so far ever!

#34 (with substitute jockey;) ) also did similar, but not to quite such extremes

hey-ho - thats the nature of the game tho - quicker you go, the quicker it tumbles - and the times were quite good on his last session too.

Tis trackdays/racing - occasionally something happens - we still have the smokin' 675 as you say tim, and also a 'stuffed' 583' - with no barrels.... so - we WILL be out to fight again - one way or the other:)

oops: - just need to add a disc to the shopping list too (or otherwise he'll nick the pair off my bike for the next meeting!:o )

[Edited on 23-8-2005 by CK and AK]

phoenix n max 24-Aug-2005 00:05

GWS Mrs Snot :)

Tonio600 24-Aug-2005 10:51

Quote:

Message original : CK and AK
oops: - just need to add a disc to the shopping list too (or otherwise he'll nick the pair off my bike for the next meeting!:o )
[Edited on 23-8-2005 by CK and AK]

I've got 3 spare sets of discs (one belonging to Paul)... in each of those one disc is warped I think, but it means one can be used... Let me know if it can help.

[Edité le 24-8-2005 par Tonio600]