Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Series Information (/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   Class A newcomer - hopefully (/showthread.php?t=169090)

Mr.Number 28-Nov-2012 04:54

Class A newcomer - hopefully

Hello racers... Just on the look out for a standard bike at the moment. Is the 620ss a better starter bike than the monster 620 ?.....or is it a matter of preference ?

Regards Kev

dunlop0_1 28-Nov-2012 10:11

Kev, no real preference IMO although people do have there favorite. To be honest I think it's more cost effective to buy a bike already to race rather than start from scratch.

paynep 28-Nov-2012 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Number
Hello racers... Just on the look out for a standard bike at the moment. Is the 620ss a better starter bike than the monster 620 ?.....or is it a matter of preference ?

Regards Kev

I'm going to be building up a Class A bike over Xmas to sell ready for 2013with an SS frame and Monster 620 engine so you could buy the best of both! :lol:

Rough spec - Motorapido overhauled, Baines-built 620 with 6-speed box, either APTC slipper or standard clutch, Showa adjustable forks, longer 900ssie shock, 916 bodykit, race loom. Rough price, £1500, depending on final spec.......:D

dunlop0_1 28-Nov-2012 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by paynep
I'm going to be building up a Class A bike over Xmas to sell ready for 2013with an SS frame and Monster 620 engine so you could buy the best of both! :lol:

Rough spec - Motorapido overhauled, Baines-built 620 with 6-speed box, either APTC slipper or standard clutch, Showa adjustable forks, longer 900ssie shock, 916 bodykit, race loom. Rough price, £1500, depending on final spec.......:D

Bargain. :D

Mr.Number 02-Jan-2013 22:57

Well iv eagerly kept my eyes open for a bike, but there arnt any !! Couple on autotrader / mcn but they are standard bikes costing over £2,000 which there is no need to pay.

skidlids 03-Jan-2013 00:28

Quote:

Well iv eagerly kept my eyes open for a bike, but there arnt any !! Couple on autotrader / mcn but they are standard bikes costing over £2,000 which there is no need to pay.

I've decided to sell the one I was thinking about renting as I need the space at the moment

(See here http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...d.php?t=171138 )

Looking for £2700 for it

I can look at doing the Class B bike as a rental, for now

dunlop0_1 03-Jan-2013 12:34

Quote:

The two race bikes for sale are built by seasoned DD'rs so will competative in the right hands. I don't understand why you would want to buy a road bike for top money then spend more money on it turning it into a race bike? You have a choice of 2 ready to race bikes in front of you. :confused:

paynep 03-Jan-2013 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by paynep

Sorry, whole family came down with the plague over Xmas so haven't been able to start the build. At this rate it will be ready for 2014! :rolleyes:

Andy C 04-Jan-2013 20:28

Mines still sitting in the garage, Championship winning bike!