Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Corona Virus - MotoGP Cancelled for Qatar and Thailand rounds! (/showthread.php?t=612007)

antonye 02-Mar-2020 10:52

Corona Virus - MotoGP Cancelled for Qatar and Thailand rounds!

MotoGP has announced that both the opening round in Qatar and also the Thailand round have been cancelled due to concerns about the corona virus outbreak.

It seems a bit odd to me that only the MotoGP race has been cancelled for Qatar, not the Moto2 and Moto3. I understand that Moto2/3 are already in Qatar and testing, but if they're racing then people will still attend to spectate? Isn't that the health risk, the gathering of thousands of people, rather than a dozen riders and the (albeit numerous) paddock staff? That doesn't seem right.

Also, what other affects will it have? More MotoGP rounds? What about WSBK?

With a lot of the Chinese factories being shut, or their supply chains being affected, what knock-on effects will this also have for the motorcycle industry and Ducati in particular?

Rough times ahead...

MJS 03-Mar-2020 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
MotoGP has announced that both the opening round in Qatar and also the Thailand round have been cancelled due to concerns about the corona virus outbreak.

It seems a bit odd to me that only the MotoGP race has been cancelled for Qatar, not the Moto2 and Moto3. I understand that Moto2/3 are already in Qatar and testing, but if they're racing then people will still attend to spectate? Isn't that the health risk, the gathering of thousands of people, rather than a dozen riders and the (albeit numerous) paddock staff? That doesn't seem right.

Also, what other affects will it have? More MotoGP rounds? What about WSBK?

With a lot of the Chinese factories being shut, or their supply chains being affected, what knock-on effects will this also have for the motorcycle industry and Ducati in particular?

Rough times ahead...

And Qatar WSBK now....

We already have people self-isolating after business trips to Italy and Malaysia - can't see it improving any time soon :eek:

antonye 03-Mar-2020 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJS
And Qatar WSBK now....

We already have people self-isolating after business trips to Italy and Malaysia - can't see it improving any time soon :eek:

Lots of talks about industries that rely on parts from the far east are now starting to feel the pinch as supplies are drying up... might have a knock-on effect for Ducati!