Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   F/S Desmo Due 600M suspension upgrade (/showthread.php?t=11114)

louigi 18-Oct-2004 11:02

F/S Desmo Due 600M suspension upgrade

If anyone is thinking of racing an early 600 Monster in the Desmo Due series. I have a nice suspension upgrade kit. It comprises of a pair of 620M forks, that will fit into your original yokes, two 65mm spaced calipers to suit, Front wheel with discs, spindle, Fibreglass "corse" mudguard, to clear the tyre warmers, plus a pair of clipons that will now fit under the top yoke from a 900ssie. For the rear end I have made some "jack up" adaptors which screw into the rear suspension loop and raise the rear to match the front. I had this setup on my 750M and it handled awsome. All the parts are in perfect condition, not bodged up crap and I only have enough parts to make one kit. Price is £400. I can email pics to anyone interested.

FiscusFish 18-Oct-2004 11:10

Would that be allowed under the rules as they stand?

louigi 18-Oct-2004 11:13

Reading the rule book, it all looks legal to me. It is only using late forks and wheel in an early bike.

TP 18-Oct-2004 11:14

I don't think so (wouldn't be the first time I was wrong though ...) - my understanding is that you can't replace the forks, only change the internals.

TP 18-Oct-2004 11:15

So if you buy a 620 you get those forks, if you buy something earlier you gets what you paid for but are allowed to change the internals, revalve etc.

louigi 18-Oct-2004 11:30

Well, if you dont want to take the chance, It's a nice upgrade for your 600 or 750 Monster anyway.

TP 18-Oct-2004 11:33

Maybe a post in post in the Q & A thread will get it cleared up by the Desmo Due Technical Committee? ie,. Chris Bushell.

Would add 'attractiveness' to your product if it was 'Desmo Due Approved' ;)

Monty 18-Oct-2004 13:48

I can answer the question for you-they are legal since they are unadjustable forks. What would be disallowed would be 900 adjustable forks.

So Rich-have you sorted your entry yet??

John

louigi 18-Oct-2004 19:51

John
Just done my end of year figures with the accountant, not very good, made a big loss, but got way way too much stock, so he suggested I sell some bits and stop buying bikes, or I wont have a business. So looks like the desmo due racer project will have to wait a while. Ahh and did I have some plans, but dont write me off yet.