Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   mallory test (/showthread.php?t=252227)

milesaway 23-Sep-2013 23:31

mallory test

anyone going to test afternoon at mallory next weds- any hints for start point for gearing -as compared to other circuits (rather than actual sprocket combinations due to the different final drive ratios)

skidlids 23-Sep-2013 23:43

Brands gearing

Three types of circuit

Fast, Medium and Slow
Mallory with it's two chicanes falls into the slow group as far as I'm concerned

bally71 24-Sep-2013 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Brands gearing

Three types of circuit

Fast, Medium and Slow
Mallory with it's two chicanes falls into the slow group as far as I'm concerned

Just change gear when you get to the chicanes kev .. going down one or two usually helps :lol:

mat2hew 24-Sep-2013 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by bally71
Just change gear when you get to the chicanes kev .. going down one or two usually helps :lol:

Kev rarely gets into 3rd.......... sorry Kev.

skidlids 24-Sep-2013 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mat2hew
Kev rarely gets into 3rd.......... sorry Kev.

Yeah I find 3rd a bit tall for the hairpin, as I do the wall on the inside evident by me shoulder charging it a few years ago and ending up on the floor with my bike on top of me :o

mat2hew 25-Sep-2013 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Yeah I find 3rd a bit tall for the hairpin, as I do the wall on the inside evident by me shoulder charging it a few years ago and ending up on the floor with my bike on top of me :o

true, i'm not sure if thats a first or 2nd, I guess if you took 1st you'd have to change up for the bus stop?

I always always brake too late for the hairpin and miss the wall by about 2m.

mat2hew 25-Sep-2013 12:55

I only made half a lap in 2010 after tagging the back wheel of someone at Edwinas and doing a Superman. I only did 1 lap in 2011 before being hit by a flying Ducati at Gerrards and breaking my collar bone,,, I missed 2012 (if you were there) after hitting a tyre wall and breaking my back. so I haven't actually done many laps of Mallory...

milesaway 25-Sep-2013 17:08

anyone going to do weds then?

mat2hew 25-Sep-2013 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by milesaway
anyone going to do weds then?

I can't mate,, got to work :(

skidlids 25-Sep-2013 19:17

rather save the money at this point in the season, it's not as though one practice afternoon is going to improve my chances of wining a race