Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Supersports: SS / SuperSport / Supersport 950 (/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Oil deflector plate, how many? (/showthread.php?t=627296)

Myk 31-Aug-2020 12:29

Oil deflector plate, how many?

Is it normal to have 2 of the deflector plates on the oil filter thread? Mine has 2 and I can’t see why, maybe this is resulting in the oil filter not being tight enough against the engine case. Yes I am still loosing oil from around the filter :mad:

Iconic944ss 31-Aug-2020 13:07

Parts pdf shows a single plate under the cartridge thread boss that is called 'cooler bypass spring' and come in two listed diameters.

For running without carb heaters - or a complete oil cooler???

799.1.039.1A

[edit]Image link WONT work - if not delete the full stops and Google is your best friend.

Iconic944ss 31-Aug-2020 13:22

Seen elsewhere:

"There was also a bad batch of OEM Ducati filters that had the threaded part not recessed deep enough, causing them to leak even when correctly tightened. So if you recently had a new Ducati filter installed I'd check that area for leakage while running"

Myk 31-Aug-2020 13:42

Thanks for that. Mine has heaters and oil cooler. Just been out to the bike now it’s cooled down. The thread is knackered in the crankcase. Looks like I will need a helicoil fitting. Anyone know the original thread size? Looks like M22 or M20? Also anyone done this with the engine in the frame?