Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Desmo Due tail chops (/showthread.php?t=12059)

butch890 28-Nov-2004 12:05

Desmo Due tail chops

Dont wish to start anything before the series has even got the green light BUT whilst looking at our SS frame yesterday (1st meeting of the TOGS racing group) the question was raised as to why we couldnt chop the rear from our frame ,isthere some reason why the Monster brigade need the benefit of less weight over the rear?
As a side issue we managed to install the most important piece of equiptment into the workshop THE FRIDGE !
Butch

butch890 28-Nov-2004 12:22

In that case i think our SS is aesthetically challanged!

Felix 28-Nov-2004 14:01

Well, you could always cut the entire rear off, from the engine backwards, and attach a carbon fibre self-supporting seat unit, like the Supermono had. :D:D

Albie 28-Nov-2004 14:28

The monster chop saves naff all in weight. The plastic is just a mudguard including the tea tray. I like mine on and it wont improve performance.:lol:

ChrisBushell 29-Nov-2004 09:54

Graham,

Sorry the subframe on an SS has to stay, you can add to the frame but remove nothing on an SS!

The reason we hadd to allow the tail chop on the Monster is that a lot of the early ones have had a chop, it saves bugger all weight but therwise would exclude lots of cheap entry bikes.

Sorry again

Chris

phoenix n max 12-Dec-2004 00:44

Phew :) My bikes chopped and gorgeous ;)

twpd 12-Dec-2004 01:02

It won't be once you've crashed it a few times. ;)

phoenix n max 12-Dec-2004 01:10

Quote:

Originally posted by twpd
It won't be once you've crashed it a few times. ;)