Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Series Information (/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   utter numpty question (/showthread.php?t=160992)

hawkati 21-Oct-2012 20:13

utter numpty question

Computy has struggled to download info on this race series....
...soooo - could i enter this as an absolute novice.

Commence laughing & commenting now!

Ghost 21-Oct-2012 20:29

Are you a novice or not. If you are you can race in class B or A. If you have raced recently in another series then you are not a novice and class A is your only option.

hawkati 21-Oct-2012 21:35

hiya - i'm distinctly novice. I've never raced a bike before, but have spannered for a BSB team 16 years ago! Seriously considering dipping my toes in these murky waters...cheers!

skidlids 22-Oct-2012 00:02

yes James you will be classed as a Novice if you apply for a ACU road Race licence, as such you would be entitled to race in either Class B or Class A

Do you still have a job with the local HG

coppersaucepipe 22-Oct-2012 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkati
hiya - i'm distinctly novice. I've never raced a bike before, but have spannered for a BSB team 16 years ago! Seriously considering dipping my toes in these murky waters...cheers!

James, DO IT!

We can be a novice mobile chicane together ;)

hawkati 23-Oct-2012 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by coppersaucepipe
James, DO IT!

We can be a novice mobile chicane together ;)

..er, except you'll be at least half a lap ahead of me, dammit! seriously considering where to rustle up the £4k i reckon i'll need to do this justice.....

Meanwhile, in reply to his royal skidness - nope - escaped HG about 6 weeks ago, mainly due the carve up of staff from closed shops meant buggerall shifts for me. Damn glad to be back in f/t work again now!

hawkati 09-Jan-2013 14:31

Brief update - finally pulled finger out, put car up for sale & applied for DSC membership. Will wade through acres of paperwork till that's acknowledged, then do Desmo membership, and whatever else it takes to get the ball rolling to arrive on the grid.
Provisionally getting race ready bike from Coppersaucepipe very soon ( need to have tidying frenzy so there's room in stable for another bike - erk!)
Hope to see y'all soon...

hawkati 10-Jan-2013 11:23

....and shockingly i've applied for & paid for desmo race series thingy as well. Eagerly awaiting confirmation of membership of club & race series - make mine a small black t-shirt please?!

skidlids 10-Jan-2013 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkati
....and shockingly i've applied for & paid for desmo race series thingy as well. Eagerly awaiting confirmation of membership of club & race series - make mine a small black t-shirt please?!

James, can you email a completed DD registration form to desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com I can also then add the email to my data base.
I'll soon be sending out a email to all those in my data base with an update on who we have registered, there race numbers etc.

If you've paid by Paypal then Antony will let Trudi and myself know when he sends us his latest update

hawkati 11-Jan-2013 10:53

hiya - will do asap once i escape from work! Yup, paid both by paypal....separately , after i missed the option of paying for both in one fell swoop -doh!
cheers muchly, j