Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Introduction... (/showthread.php?t=267660)

wanzap1 06-Nov-2013 12:34

Introduction...

Hi guys, I thought I would introduce myself, now I don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch, but if all goes well I will be lining out next year for my first season in DD.

My name is Joe, from Ireland and yes still living here... will be making the trips over for the races and hooking up with a friend who will be racing with the same club (different class). For me the racing will be as much about the social aspect as it will be the motorbikes. Having researched the club and spoke to a member I am enthused at the prospect of racing with you guys.

I hope to get to four meets, with Anglsey and Donington top of my list, the other will need to fit in with work requirements and other commitments.

Well just thought I'd say hi and hope to see some of you next year

Ghost 06-Nov-2013 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanzap1
Hi guys, I thought I would introduce myself, now I don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch, but if all goes well I will be lining out next year for my first season in DD.

My name is Joe, from Ireland and yes still living here... will be making the trips over for the races and hooking up with a friend who will be racing with the same club (different class). For me the racing will be as much about the social aspect as it will be the motorbikes. Having researched the club and spoke to a member I am enthused at the prospect of racing with you guys.

I hope to get to four meets, with Anglsey and Donington top of my list, the other will need to fit in with work requirements and other commitments.

Well just thought I'd say hi and hope to see some of you next year

Hello Joe, welcome aboard, you don't say what class you are interested in A or B. Either way you will enjoy it emensely. Also Where in Ireland?? Look forward to meeting you. The DD paddock is very sociable.

wanzap1 06-Nov-2013 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
Hello Joe, welcome aboard, you don't say what class you are interested in A or B. Either way you will enjoy it emensely. Also Where in Ireland?? Look forward to meeting you. The DD paddock is very sociable.

If the bike purchase goes according to plan (no reason why it shouldn't) it will be class B

I'm from the very north, close to the North coast, County Antrim!

mat2hew 06-Nov-2013 14:06

Quote:

you will enjoy it immensely. Also Where in Ireland?? Look forward to meeting you. The DD paddock is very sociable.

good luck Joe, I hope we see you about next year, I second everything that Ghostie said.

Also will you be bringing samples of 'proper' Guinness with you?

matt

mat2hew 06-Nov-2013 14:07

Quote:

you don't say what class you are interested in A or B.

he's just worried about any extra competition...

dunlop0_1 06-Nov-2013 16:10

A better paddock I don't think you will find. :) Especially if I turn up. ;)

Ghost 06-Nov-2013 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mat2hew
good luck Joe, I hope we see you about next year, I second everything that Ghostie said.

Also will you be bringing samples of 'proper' Guinness with you?

matt

Matt the proper stuff is 120miles South in Dublin.
Joe I've worked around your area on vehicles in the barracks BallyKelly etc. Also walked the Balintoy rope bridge. Nice part of the world to live.

skidlids 07-Nov-2013 07:28

Hi Joe
Look forward to seeing you on the grid next season, certainly will be a few miles clocked up on your part to get to the meetings. As Neil says it's a sociable paddock with a lot of friendly rivalry yet with a willingness to help each other out

Ghost 07-Nov-2013 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Hi Joe
Look forward to seeing you on the grid next season, certainly will be a few miles clocked up on your part to get to the meetings. As Neil says it's a sociable paddock with a lot of friendly rivalry yet with a willingness to help each other out

But with more scathing p155 taking. 😜

badgerpilot 07-Nov-2013 14:22

Quote:

But with more scathing p155 taking. 😜

That'll be much easier with your bladder boulders out Phil!:D

Welcome aboard Joe, don't forget to ditch your mate and muck in with us council racers. See you next season..