Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Private Adverts (/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   What gloves have you got? (/showthread.php?t=10931)

Dukerob 11-Oct-2004 11:21

Dainese T-Age when its dry, they look like great protection although I've not found out yet fortunately ! They were a but a bit pricey and don't react well to getting caught out in the rain - they dry like cardboard !

I've got a pair of Dainese Goretex things for the wet, they're cheap (always in a sale somewhere cos no one wants winter-type gloves) light but a bit slippy on the levers etc when it dries

Jools 11-Oct-2004 13:00

Another Held convert here, courtesy of GLF in Flitwick. Had them all summer, they are superb. Best gloves I've ever had. As people have said before they're superb quality without an inflated 'designer name' price tag. I got the top of the range ones for £104. Bargain :D

Winter gloves? Frank Thomas Aqua, I've had two pairs now 'cos I lost the left hand glove of the first pair. Cheap, cheerful, warm, dry. I don't ask any more of winter gloves.

TP 11-Oct-2004 13:06

Quote:

Originally posted by dickieducati
gp pro's for me too, no off's in them yet but feel great.

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by dickieducati]

Well I have crash tested mine :D

... and they're fine - very good quality. Kevlar stitched roo-skin.

FiscusFish 11-Oct-2004 14:57

Pair of Hein Gericke Pro Sport race style ones. Cost about £50 and saved my pinkies in a 50mph accident. Only damage was some blood staining where my finger nail bent back... And I'd just had them painted too..... :lol:

Darren

Loz 11-Oct-2004 15:06

Quote:

Originally posted by FiscusFish
Pair of Hein Gericke Pro Sport race style ones. Cost about £50 and saved my pinkies in a 50mph accident. Only damage was some blood staining where my finger nail bent back... And I'd just had them painted too..... :lol:

Darren

What make of leather trousers were you wearing? Did they stop your tights from laddering?
:D

iang 12-Oct-2004 13:14

Could not get away with any of the alpine stars gloves,they made my little finger really uncomfortable, Tried the texport tx-1 gloves for a day and they felt really good but i went for the new Dainese speed metals in the end as they matched my suit and felt the most comfortable.

ath748 13-Oct-2004 10:55

Thanks folks. I took a look at the Held website and decided to order a pair. Good to see so many replies, although i am concerned when a biker worries about breaking a nail.

Cheers all,

Ade.

FiscusFish 13-Oct-2004 12:51

Quote:

Originally posted by ath748
although i am concerned when a biker worries about breaking a nail.

Cheers all,

Ade.

But it hurt..... :(:(:(

ath748 13-Oct-2004 14:06

There there...... :lol:

ath748 15-Oct-2004 11:23

The Held gloves arrived yesterday, and all I can say is wow, what a wicked looking pair of gloves! The kango hide feels so good, can't wait to get out with them tomorrow, and I'm really impressed with how high up the wrist they come, something that I struggle with my current pair. Thanks again for pushing me towards Held - don't think I'll look away for a while now!!

For those without the know, here are some links...

Held official site:
http://www.held-biker-fashion.de/sit...and&lg=e&self=

I bought them in grey (although they still have some yellow stiching around the Held logo) from Bike-Smart: http://www.bike-smart.co.uk/acatalog/

Ade.