Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Oil Pressure Light On !! (/showthread.php?t=40158)

geoff m 01-Jan-2007 17:55

Oil Pressure Light On !!

My oil pressure light is stuck on !! there is plenty of oil in it, and it sounds and runs perfect.

It goes out when I start the engine, then comes back on after a couple of seconds.. any ideas ?

Someone suggested it might be "wet weather related" ??

Where is the pressure sensor located ?

Thanks guys.

Geoff M

Glyn 01-Jan-2007 18:00

9 times out of ten it will be the sender/senser that is faulty
i've gone through a couple now
they seem to wear out quite quick and you've only got to overfill the oil a tad to knacker them
the senser is next to where you put the oil in. if you disconect the wires and look down the hole you might well even see oil in there if so it's dead. but even if you dont it would be the first thing to replace

rockhopper 01-Jan-2007 19:39

Might be a good idea not to run the motor again until you've fixed it. It's probably a duff sensor but it might be a genuine low oil pressure problem.
Just a thought.

KeefyB 01-Jan-2007 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockhopper
Might be a good idea not to run the motor again until you've fixed it. It's probably a duff sensor but it might be a genuine low oil pressure problem.
Just a thought.

Harbinger of Doom there!;) :D :lol:

geoff m 01-Jan-2007 20:46

oil pressure light

thanks guys,
my gut instinct says its the sender, a mate of mine had a similar problem that manifested itself when the bike was wet !!!
Considering the rain we have had recently.......(and yes, I do ride it in all weathers) will have a poke around the sensor in the morning..
thanks chaps.

ducv2 01-Jan-2007 20:49

Mine went on the blink after a good wash (might have been shock), only a couple of minutes to change.