Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Supersports: SS / SuperSport / Supersport 950 (/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Fuel Injectors (/showthread.php?t=85166)

Spjallen 24-Nov-2011 09:40

Fuel Injectors

Help me if you can....as The Beatles once sung.

Just trying some simple electrics job of fitting a PC to my bike, this isn’t difficult is it? For me, yes its it! Is there a knack or something to removing the electric connectors? Squeeze this way or pull that way?!!

:confused: :eek:

paynep 24-Nov-2011 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spjallen
Help me if you can....as The Beatles once sung.

Just trying some simple electrics job of fitting a PC to my bike, this isn’t difficult is it? For me, yes its it! Is there a knack or something to removing the electric connectors? Squeeze this way or pull that way?!!

:confused: :eek:

You've got to remove the " square C-shaped" wire clip on the connector, or at least open it up enough to get the connector off the injector.

A lot easier to say than do though and make sure that when it pings off via your eyeball it doesnt then get lost!

A small flat screwdriver or needle-nosed pliers work for me, but I've had a lot of practice over the years....

Good luck

Chaz 24-Nov-2011 10:25

careful you don't break the plastic part of the injector they are not very strong.

A good wiggle dose it for me:rolleyes:

antonye 24-Nov-2011 11:15

You only need to push the wire part IN to the plastic body then pull the plug free - no removal needed.

Spjallen 24-Nov-2011 12:01

Thank you.

paynep 24-Nov-2011 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
You only need to push the wire part IN to the plastic body then pull the plug free - no removal needed.

Surely that's for removing the PC connector, not the OE one?

Mind you I am running standard 620 injectors............:devil:

chrisw 24-Nov-2011 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye

As Antonye says

Principle is the same as in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVd24ogFYEs

Spjallen 26-Nov-2011 18:04

Well thanks guys it really was simple, it was just a matter of being brave and getting on with it! Now onto the wire tap and then dyno runs, come on 65bhp!! ( well you can wish! )