Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   slipper clutch on 996 makes nasty noises (/showthread.php?t=80315)

madand71 12-Aug-2009 16:33

slipper clutch on 996 makes nasty noises

its only on pull off when u have to let the clutch out it makes graunching noises especialy when hot , dose anyone no how to stop it making nasty noises many thanks andy

Murray Mint 12-Aug-2009 17:41

These clutches do need to be looked after, do you know when it was last serviced? Check the plates for wear. What make is the clutch?

madand71 12-Aug-2009 17:57

it was fitted on the 30/3/09 it was ok for about a month then started making the noises then i took it back he did somethig to it it was ok for a week i rand him up and he said they make those noises lol im not sure off the make but i do know its the type that takes standard ducati plates

Mello-Yellow 12-Aug-2009 18:54

Most noise is caused by dirty plates or you need more dished plates in the clutch pack.
Do a search, loads of threads on this subject

madand71 12-Aug-2009 19:05

whats the best thing to use to clean the plates many thanks andy

Mello-Yellow 12-Aug-2009 19:34

Brake cleaner i think has been mentioned in the past. You could do it the lazy way and give it a blast with a compresser if you have an open cover.
I take mine out turn them over and refit in a different position in the pack works well for a while.

Magpie 12-Aug-2009 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mello-Yellow
could do it the lazy way and give it a blast with a compressor

^^^worked for me everytime. i used an "air duster", air in an aerosol... grab it from maplin. bingo.

magpie.

madand71 13-Aug-2009 01:23

ive got a compressor il try that and moving the pack thanks for the help cheers andy il let u know how i get on and il see if their a dished plate in the packt to many thanks andy
blowing it out with a compressor didnt work that well but striping the clutch and cleaning them with brake cleaner did and i did nitice their wasnt a domed plate i think it mentioned in another thread thanks for the help guys