Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Monsters (/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   uneven running (/showthread.php?t=79979)

greggyboy 05-Jul-2009 19:56

uneven running

Hi all, went out for a ride today, on my way back the bike decided that it did not want to rev as normal, would not accelerate as normal, would not go past 6,500 revs,

feels like a fuel problem, as it will run fine then start playing up again then run again, surges sometimes as well. Whilst i was out i did stop and the bike did get soaked in a downpour.

any ideas

regards

greg.

greggyboy 05-Jul-2009 20:00

forgot to say bike is a 2005 s2r

Shazaam! 05-Jul-2009 20:58

Typical symptoms of running on one cylinder. Either fuel or ignition. Start with sparkplugs/wires.

greggyboy 05-Jul-2009 22:01

check spark plugs, they are k, checked fuel, fine. Could it be the fuel filter?

chrisw 06-Jul-2009 09:18

I've just had similar problems on my 999. Misfires, uneven idling, revs surging and loss of power. All occuring after heavy rain. I have now traced the problem to the ignition lead connector to the coil pack on the vertical cylinder. The waterproofing gland on the connector had split (infact there was a big chunk missing). This was letting water into the connector. A liberal spray of contact cleaner and wrapping the connector with self-amalgamating tape seems to have fixed the problem. New superseal connector on order for a proper fix.

greggyboy 06-Jul-2009 19:18

bike has now decided to, when idleing and you give it some rev's the engine cuts out.

o dear.