Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   999 Febur Carbon Seat Unit help (/showthread.php?t=19488)

KP 08-Jul-2005 13:32

999 Febur Carbon Seat Unit help

I have a single carbon seat unit for my 999 biposto. Its from Febur, Italy.
If anyone else has one, how on earth do you line up & put the side bolts back in that fasten the side of seat to the frame?:puzzled:

Dibble 08-Jul-2005 13:37

hammer and superglue .....

Dibble 08-Jul-2005 13:38

oh, Rattler will be along in a bit to tell you which sort of hammer .. he has one for every occasion ...

JPM 08-Jul-2005 14:58

Quote:

Originally posted by Kerry Peacock - kp
If anyone else has one, how on earth do you line up & put the side bolts back in that fasten the side of seat to the frame?:puzzled:

Got any photos?

It's not an RS copy is it? as being supplied with lots of track day kits, if so you've got no chance sorry

KeefyB 08-Jul-2005 19:27

Quote:

Originally posted by Kerry Peacock - kp
How far out are the holes?If its a few m.m,it may just be a manufacturing fault.Cured with a drill!!!;)
If they are way out,check you have the tank correctly fitted.I assume the seat unit fits the same way as standard?

Brogins 09-Jul-2005 13:32

Do like I did with mine - no febur anyway - you don't put the side bolt back....
:o:o

KP 12-Jul-2005 10:44

Thanks for the suggestions - not keen on hammer and superglue, upsets the cosmetics (the bikes not mine!).

Its not that the holes dont line up just cant get the bolt in. If its safe to not put them back that's simple - I was just concerned it may not be structurely sound. May have to consider drilling an access hole then popping a little rubber thingy over the hole once I slotted the bolt in. Then again that seems like too much admin. Think I will wing it.

BTW good luck on the jod front Dibble - what do you/ did you do?
kp;)

tricky 12-Jul-2005 14:19

I had a similar problem with my seat unit, I just drilled the holes in it so you can poke the allan key through to the bolt.

KP 13-Jul-2005 10:03

Thanks Tricky - think I will do the same. I guess the bolts are there for a reason so I should not just leave 'em out. Is that a carbon tank?:)