Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Question about Power Commander adaptability (/showthread.php?t=79051)

skidlids 04-Apr-2009 21:59

Question about Power Commander adaptability

I was wondeing (and will probably try it) if its possible to use my Power Commander 3 USB from my 998 on a 750SSie.

Not having studied the injector pulses from either bike I was wondering if the pulse sent to the injectors of the 750 by its 1.5M ECU differs from the Pulse sent to the 998s injectors by its 5.9M ECU.

I can't see as the amplitude of the pulse will differ of the frequency as I would expect this to be linked directly to engine revs.

Anyone else tried something similar

Scooter916 04-Apr-2009 22:17

Kev I think TWPD may be able to help on this one, Im sure we supplied him with a PC that wasnt listed for his bike but it worked.
Im sure he will be along soon enough.

skidlids 04-Apr-2009 22:34

A lot of the PCs have specific connectors to suit the model they are intended for, the PC2 on my 750SSie has the big suare connectors allowing it to plug directly in-line with the ECU connector.
My 996 PC3 (serial connection) has a plug and socket that mates up with ons for the throttle body harness.
The 998 PC3 USB conects in-line with the injectors, so it should be possible to connect it to quite a few other models in this way

skidlids 16-May-2009 20:28

Well the answer to my own question looks like its a YES

I have just had my Class A DD bike thats using a 1.5M ECU from a 750SSie running with a PC3 USB from a 998 connected up with throttle position wire from the PC3 tapped off the Yellow wire that runs between pin 11 of the ECU and the TPS.