Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Calling Right Said Fred (/showthread.php?t=29159)

Rob B 08-Apr-2006 18:43

Calling Right Said Fred

Did those carbon tank shields fit the 888 tank Lynds?

Rgds, Rob

[Edited on 8-4-2006 by Rob B]

RightSaidFred 08-Apr-2006 22:05

Rob

Yes and no. Yes they will fit a perfect tank, sadly mine's not...
As you know the tank's your old one. I originally had a carbon protector on my red tank. I took it off and tried to fit it to yours and it wouldn't go. I tried heating it and buggered it up. So I thought maybe it was the protector, so I bought 2 of these new ones. They're the same. Fit the red tank fine but not the black one.
Basically it looks like matey has repaired it slightly on the ****. It's weird cos it looks perfect, but it's obviously not.
Oh well. I might try to heat one a different way this time, but i'm not sure how to work carbon and resin without it going kinda cloudy.
:(

Rob B 11-Apr-2006 12:29

Once the epoxy/carbon has reacted (gone off) you can't soften it with heat. All you do is burn the epoxy and char the carbon. That assumes it's good stuff.

If you have a spare, you could send it down, I'll buy it if it fits the carbon tank.

Rgds, Rob

[Edited on 11-4-2006 by Rob B]

RightSaidFred 16-Apr-2006 03:05

Rob
You're welcome to try the spare, only thing you may not want is that it has '851' sort of moulded into the epoxy. I didn't mind but you might. If you want it, it cost me 18 bucks plus a couple of quid post. U2U your address if you want a look at one and i'll fire it down.

Rob B 17-Apr-2006 12:34

Ah, that throws a spanner in it then...

RightSaidFred 18-Apr-2006 02:04

My 888 is such a rattly old tool it sounds like I already have thrown a spanner in it!! :lol::lol::lol: