Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Clutch bleeding help please (/showthread.php?t=14840)

sparkin 04-Mar-2005 00:54

Clutch bleeding help please

Even thou I`ve only just got me bike back I want to change the clutch hose to a stainless one.No problem changing it,not quite sure on the bleeding proceedure with a clutch thou.

Glyn 04-Mar-2005 01:16

lever in release nipple, tighten nipple pump lever hold in losen nipple tighten pump lever losen nipple tighten pump lever losen nipple tighten pump lever losen nipple tighten pump lever losen nipple tighten pump lever losen nipple tighten pump lever losen nipple tighten pump lever

just keep lever pulled in when you losen nipple

sparkin 04-Mar-2005 02:05

Is that the exact amount of times Glyn?;)

Rob B 04-Mar-2005 08:54

If you have a bleen nipple on the master cyl, bleed at the top of the run first. Once the cyl is pumping well, it's all plain sailing.

Rooney 04-Mar-2005 11:57

Glyn please don't use the words pump and nipple you know what Sparkins like:devil:

sparkin 04-Mar-2005 13:38

Quote:

Originally posted by Rooney
Glyn please don't use the words pump and nipple you know what Sparkins like:devil:

:lol::lol: As I can`t do Cadwell:( did you fancy TA4.5 on the saturday 25th june?Just fancy putting the 888 beside your 998 down revit straight:devil: If it ever starts:mad:

Jools 04-Mar-2005 16:22

[Benny Hill Sirry Iriot mode on] If Gryn been talking pump, nipple, pump, nipple like that, no wonder he made other post about having stiff clutch in the morning [/Benny Hill]

Rooney 04-Mar-2005 17:52

Yeh I got my form through this morning I would like to do Snett but got to get round the mrs some how mate .Its the going to Spain thing and Cadwell , I have got to get the extenstion and garden sorted this year mate so i will have to work on her :roll:But then again would it be a good thing having us in the same group me thinks not:lol::lol::devil:

crash 04-Mar-2005 22:45

Quote:

Originally posted by sparkin
Even thou I`ve only just got me bike back I want to change the clutch hose to a stainless one.No problem changing it,not quite sure on the bleeding proceedure with a clutch thou.

Did mine a few weeks ago - complete bitch.

The hard bit is to get the master cylinder pumping. I used a syringe to pre-fill the hose, then made sure the master cylinder was bled at the inlet to the hose, and pumping (put your thumb over the outlet where the hose attaches, but be careful not to spray fluid everywhere).

Then attach pre-filled hose to master cylinder, and hey presto - you can then blead to your hearts content.

Cheers
Crash