Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   General Motorcycles only (/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   MPL Clutch Basket (/showthread.php?t=39753)

Trig 16-Dec-2006 00:35

MPL Clutch Basket

I am thinking of buying the type with the titanium inserts. Has anybody tried it? Does it reduce clutch rattle?

marko 16-Dec-2006 09:39

Ian748 bought one last summer off eBAY, gets on fine with it ,I think he had to have a bit of machining done first off to make it clear the cover.

KeefyB 16-Dec-2006 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko
Ian748 bought one last summer off eBAY, gets on fine with it ,I think he had to have a bit of machining done first off to make it clear the cover.

Yeah,I think they are made to match MPL's own clutch covers.

Ray 16-Dec-2006 22:01

Had one fitted one to a 998r, the standard cover didn't fit but nothing that some spacers didn't cure. I think it make the the clutch a bit quieter but changing from a well used basket to a shiny new one with do that anyway.

Please with it so far.

Ray

Ian 748 16-Dec-2006 23:31

As the lads say, I’ve been using one for a while now with no probs at all. I had ally st plates fitted at the same time so I can’t say if it’s any quieter in its own right but with these plates it makes a lot less racket.
I also use a non Ducati open half cover that is fitted with no gasket and did require machining a tiny amount to make sure I had just a tad clearance. Bling factor is minimal as you don’t see anything of it really which is a shame because it’s nice bit of kit. I picked mine up for less than the cost of the standard Ducati part so good value for money especially as the inserts can be replaced if and when you need it.

Trig 17-Dec-2006 10:47

Thanks for the info. I want to get an open cover and pressure plate too so I might as well get it all from MPL.