Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   suspension upgrade question (/showthread.php?t=14068)

888heaven 09-Feb-2005 20:35

suspension upgrade question

Before I put the T8 back together do I upgrade the suspension as the forks will be out for the head bearing change.
I wont be using it for track days only road use I dont have any real issues with the showas except there a little on the hard side and not very adjustable.
has anyone changed to something other than ohlins with a visible benefit.
I will change the back setup as well if its worth it.
ian :)

yeti 09-Feb-2005 21:19

Fit softer springs in the forks and maybe even a softer one in the rear. Folks like K Tech can do the job while you wait if you book in with them. Sadly I can no longer recommend KAIS.

chicken 09-Feb-2005 21:32

One upgrade option would be switching to Ohlin internals.

Alternatively, you could switch to sbk forks although many on the board would consider this sacrilege. If you do want to go down this route, speak to Nelly - he has already done this on mine so the real-world "R&D" has already been done.

paynep 09-Feb-2005 23:15

FWIW, I use my 888 for road track and race and standard forks are fine. I changed to 7.5w oil (mix 1 bottle of 5 and 1 of 10w and use half the total!) and got Baines to set the rear up for my weight (13st in leathers)

TP 09-Feb-2005 23:19

Quote:

Originally posted by paynep
FWIW, I use my 888 for road track and race and standard forks are fine. I changed to 7.5w oil (mix 1 bottle of 5 and 1 of 10w and use half the total!) and got Baines to set the rear up for my weight (13st in leathers)

13 stone in leathers!!!

Someone buy this man a steak!

paynep 10-Feb-2005 21:10

Cutting out the pies is always cheaper than buying carbon to save the odd kg!!

sparkin 11-Feb-2005 00:45

Yep I have,or am.Just fitted the hyperpro combi kit to mine(well I haven`t,Carl Harrison motorcycles have)hoping to get the bike back for March.I have used the kits before on a SS and really liked it:D
Recommended.

TP 11-Feb-2005 12:31

Quote:

Originally posted by paynep
Cutting out the pies is always cheaper than buying carbon to save the odd kg!!

But I lurve pies ...

I'm going to have to fit some ballast to your DD bike somewhere ...

sparkin 18-Feb-2005 21:00

Just thought I`d post a pic(not very good thou,camera phone)of my new rising rate rear spring:D I know it should be purple,but I couldn`t have that;)