Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Sport Touring: ST4 / ST3 / ST2 (/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Xmas box for my ST2 (/showthread.php?t=24062)

tsmales 15-Nov-2005 13:22

Xmas box for my ST2

Hi one and all,
I've been reading the forum fo the last 6 months and have picked up some great advice. I bought a 98 ST2 in June and think it's brilliant. I have decided to give it a bit of TLC over the wet winter months, and was wondering what mods I should consider to prolong my already numerous cold hours in the garage away from the inlaws over christmas !!.
I allready have the starter wiring upgrade to fit, new fairing bolts, new welnus etc.
Is the 14 tooth sprocket a good idea and what about any suggestions to make the clutch a little more user friendly ?
Lok forward to your replies and many more dark hours in the garage !! :puzzled:

Rushjob 15-Nov-2005 13:29

14 tooth sprocket is a must!
Remove the two rubber inlet trumpets from the airbox ( very restrictive ).
Uprated slave cylinder is the way to go for the clutch.

HW 15-Nov-2005 14:50

Get some "red rubber grease" for the welnuts, don't use copper grease (it destroys them).

Uprated clutch slave cylinder is a good idea - Nelly does them, I had one from Tecmoto on mine. That was a slave for a 916, so I am guessing that the ones Nelly has will fit the ST as well.
Cornerspeed

Might want to think about modifiying the bit of side fairing that gets trapped under the nosecone - it's well over engineered and it means you have to take the nosecone off to get the side off (if I remember rightly).

If you find you need any parts I still have a load in the shed ... not got round to getting them on ebay yet.

YMFB 15-Nov-2005 16:02

Quote:

Originally posted by Rushjob

does that go for the ST4 as well ?

Jools 15-Nov-2005 16:11

Quote:

Originally posted by YMFB
Quote:

Originally posted by Rushjob

does that go for the ST4 as well ?

Yes

tsmales 15-Nov-2005 16:32

Spares ?

Quote:

Originally posted by HW
Get some "red rubber grease" for the welnuts, don't use copper grease (it destroys them).

Uprated clutch slave cylinder is a good idea - Nelly does them, I had one from Tecmoto on mine. That was a slave for a 916, so I am guessing that the ones Nelly has will fit the ST as well.
Cornerspeed

Might want to think about modifiying the bit of side fairing that gets trapped under the nosecone - it's well over engineered and it means you have to take the nosecone off to get the side off (if I remember rightly).

If you find you need any parts I still have a load in the shed ... not got round to getting them on ebay yet.

Thanks for the tips, I don't suppose a left hand mirror or a right hand rear indicator (pannier rack type) would be hiding in your shed ? before I start trauling the breakers and Ebay >

Rushjob 15-Nov-2005 17:03

The indicator is the same as the standard one except for the length of wire attached to it.
If you disassemble the old one & remove the wiring you can simply install that into a standard rear one and voila! New pannier indicator.
As for mirrors.. try HW?

Jools 15-Nov-2005 17:20

Depends what's wrong with the mirror. If it's completely missing or broken I can't help you, but if it's just the coloured bit that's scraped or scratched I have a new coloured insert for a LH Mirror. It cost me a fiver, yours for the same cost if you need it.

Oh....it's red...naturally

HW 15-Nov-2005 18:11

Quote:

Originally posted by tsmales
Quote:

Originally posted by HW

Cornerspeed

Thanks for the tips, I don't suppose a left hand mirror or a right hand rear indicator (pannier rack type) would be hiding in your shed ? before I start trauling the breakers and Ebay >

I think I might have an indicator if you need one. Not certain. I rewired the standard indicator to fit on the pannier rack, then jsut taped up the extra wire when using without the racks. I only fitted the panniers when I went touring.

Sorry, no mirrors - sold them a little while ago. I repaired a hole in one of my original mirrors and repainted it. Couldn't tell it had been done. What is actually wrong with yours?

YMFB 15-Nov-2005 18:36

Dont know if these are an exact match but they look similar and are cheap

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.c.../mcycle-1.html