Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Apr-2006, 18:40
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
More 800ss mods

Today I fitted my Showa forks after having had them tweaked by Steve Jordan and installed a new Ohlins shock - I've just been out playing to try setting them up and already it feels so much more compliant with better roadholding.

And then tomorrow I'm off to Ducati John's to get a 600g flywheel fitted - 1.2kg lighter than std. It goes like buggery now - so this should be interesting.

I've also fitted to gorgeous CRG flip-up span-adjustable levers. Once I'm happy with everything the racer will get kitted out the same.

Old 28-Apr-2006, 18:47
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
And then tomorrow I'm off to Ducati John's to get a 600g flywheel fitted - 1.2kg lighter than std. It goes like buggery now - so this should be interesting.

Did you ever read Shazaam!'s article on lightweight flywheels?

http://kapitalmoto.co.uk/node/37

It might be a great mod for the racebike, but perhaps needs further thought on the road bike........
Old 28-Apr-2006, 18:49
Ducati Corse

Yep. But this bike is being used as my development hack for my Minitwin/Thunderbike 800ss racer so, the drawbacks don't matter. Racing use is what I have in mind. I try things out - if I like them they end up on the race bike.
Old 28-Apr-2006, 18:51
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
Yep. But this bike is being used as my development hack for my Minitwin/Thunderbike 800ss racer so, the drawbacks don't matter. Racing use is what I have in mind. I try things out - if I like them they end up on the race bike.

Fair enough too then!

After reading that article I actually discounted the idea of getting a lightweight flywheel for my 900ss. But then I do commute on it most days......
Old 28-Apr-2006, 18:53
Ducati Corse

I don't commute on mine. It spends its time getting nailed across the moorland roads to Hartside and beyond. Never drops below 100 and 6k rpm.

I love this bike - it's an absolute hoot.