Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Jun-2005, 20:43

Clutch 2001 ST4S

I picked up my ST4S in the pouring rain this afternoon, choosing to wear my leathers rather than my wet weather kit...mmmmm good choice - not!

I had a great time going down the M3 to Camberley but the clutch lever seems to be very long (i.e a lot of travel) and it is quite hard work, any ideas?

Can I change it to one of those adjustable ones' that you get on the superbikes? If so how much will it cost me?

Thanks
Old 24-Jun-2005, 20:52
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
You can usually pick up a complete goldline clutch master cylinder on ebay forabout £40 - £50 or you can just fit the lever to your master cylinder which you can pick up for about £20 for pattern & £35 for genuine.
I have goldline clutch & brake cyls on my 4S & they are excellent.
Old 24-Jun-2005, 21:00

Thanks Rushjob but I am not very technical can I give you a call about this. I also put in 'goldline clutch master cylinder' and it turned up zero results is that because there are none or am I being too specific?

Thanks in advance!
Old 27-Jun-2005, 13:27
Montjuic

Mood: tyred and exhausted
I picked up a pair of adjustable levers for my ST4s from Spareshack for £35.00 last year.

I am the biggest mechanical numpty in the world and I managed to fit them in about ten minutes flat.

I would try this first as it's a quick and cheap fix, makes the clutch mutch easier to pull. If you still need help then try the master cylinder route - you may not need to. Worst case scenario is you might need to adjust the lock stops under the top yoke and that's a top fairing off job (something you had better get used to doing anyway!).

It's the first thing I did to my bike and still one of the best, that and the 14 tooth conversion.
Old 27-Jun-2005, 16:45
Ducati Corse

Adjusting the lock stops? Whatever for?
Old 28-Jun-2005, 11:02
Montjuic

Mood: tyred and exhausted
On my bike the eccentric cam on the adjustable brake lever fouled the inside of the fairing When the bike was on full lock the front brake would come on, very nasty