Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Jul-2005, 23:47
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
I liked Combe, even with the artificial chicaines. It was the long fast bumpy drag up to turn 1 that annoyed me, and I just couldn't get any confidence round Quarry.

I'd be happy enough to go there again but would need a track day first.
Old 09-Jul-2005, 10:21
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Its just too much stop-start! They've got one big loop of a track and they've put three artificial twists in it to slow the big bikes down, it just ruins the rhythm of the track.
IMHO

You could say that about Cadwell too though???
Old 09-Jul-2005, 10:38
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
This is a wind up, drop Castle Combe in favour of Silverstone.
Somebody 's having a laugh.
Old 09-Jul-2005, 11:02
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Its just too much stop-start! They've got one big loop of a track and they've put three artificial twists in it to slow the big bikes down, it just ruins the rhythm of the track.
IMHO

You could say that about Cadwell too though???

Unless you just mean the Woodland circuit I don't think you can Tim. Cadwell, the full circuit at least, is a flowing track apart from the entry to the mountain, it's stayed basically the same and hasn't needed juggling with to slow people down, apart from Skids of course
Old 09-Jul-2005, 11:05
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Nah, I just need brakes to slow me down at Cadwell
Old 09-Jul-2005, 13:24
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Nice to share thoughts on favourite tracks, but you may not have a choice. I would say the best way is to stop fannying around and make it a proper race series with 10 rounds attached to New Era Superclub, in the big boys paddock. That way you just follow the circus to whatever track is next. This includes Donny National, Oulton, Cadwell full circuit, Brands Indy (Nobody does the GP, way too expensive), Silverstone National (ug, horrible), Snetterton and Mallory.

As for Rocky, eeeeeYUK. You won't get Thruxton and Lydden is like a go kart circuit. Only Bemsee go to Croix. Shame no Croft as I really liked my first trackday there last month. We raced Pembrey last year - good track but it was in March and the horizontal rain hurricane made it exciting(not).

Donny Cadwell and Oulton joint first place for fantastic circuits, Brands Indy is ok, Snet well it's a race I suppose and Mallory is great fun on the smaller bikes - very close racing. I like Castle Combe, not sure what's wrong with it, pretty much every circuit has a chicane these days and stop/starts are where the racing acition is and should be welcomed with those on underpowered bikes.

WeeJohnyB
Old 09-Jul-2005, 14:22
Ducati Meccanica

Out - Woodlands I guess. Full circuit ok.
Would like to do Thruxton but you need to race with NG to go there.
Castle was ok but for the last chicane IMHO.
Would like to see Pembrey in.
Haven't see Oulton or Brands yet so no comment.
Donington a good one and Croft would be nice.
Wouldn't like to do Lydden or Darley or Keevil or Rockingham
Old 11-Jul-2005, 12:13
Mille

I'm with Domski too.....Castle Combe is ay-oh-kay! I'm with EVERYONE else who says that the Cadwell woodland circuit is pants!

Never been to Oulton, but everyone seems to be raving about it...so that one in please! (owz that for faith in the DD crew, eh?)

I quite like Mallory too, even after the inclusion of Edwina's...so that one in too!

Snetterton more fun than I thought it would be...but still a tad hard on the DD's old bones!...Oh yes, and I fell off there too...so undecided on that....AND its in Norfolk....eeeeuuchhh!

Incidentally....anyone intetrested in taking their DD machine to the Christmas Pud races at Mallory on Boxing Day? I MAY be persuaded! I went to spectate last year and it was cancelled for the first time in donkey's years as they couldn't melt the ice on the track at the chicane!!!! MMMmmmm...maybe I won't go there!!

Booked on Donnington on 2nd August to "feel my way round" the circuit...so see anyone who's booked on that day there!!!

Andy #99

Old 11-Jul-2005, 13:30
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
I'm happy to do Cadwell Woodland on my own if no-one else fancies it... it'd be the only chance I've got to win a race in this lifetime!
Old 11-Jul-2005, 14:17
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996
I'm happy to do Cadwell Woodland on my own if no-one else fancies it... it'd be the only chance I've got to win a race in this lifetime!

Might be a very expensive race entry cost Nic.......