Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 19-Nov-2003, 20:30

Mood: variable
Shall I get one ? Take 2

Hi my name is Fieldsheer and this is a first post for me.

I am considering a Multistrada and have read the threads on the site but still have a few questions that a road test won`t answer. I am hoping that you will be kind enough to fill me in(so to speak).

I have only riden two Ducatis before,a 500 Pantah (back in 1983) and a 1994 900SS(about 4 years ago).

I am looking for a bike with the easy going nature of my Triumph Thunderbird but able to pickup the pace when the mood takes me (my other bike is a KTM Supermoto).

The bike before the KTM was a Triumph Tiger which was pretty good but too tall in the saddle for me (5`7" ) and my partner did not like being stuckup in the air (which exagerated the angle of lean leading to few discussions).

We had a seat on a Multistrada in Alvins and I could get both balls of my feet on the ground (toes only on the Tiger) and my partner who is taller had no problems(she was looking a little smug and too comfortable).

Specfic questions
1. What is the real world fuel cosumption?
Average cruising speeds between 50 and 80 over mixed roads.

2.What is top gear throttle response like from 50mph?
I hate having to play tunes on a gearbox.

3.Is there any transmission snatch below 3000 rpm(as on the 900SS I tried)?

4.Do the panniers hold a full face helmet?

5.What the service costs and how often?

6.Do you get buffeting from the screen or is it wind noise (the Tiger got noisey above 70 and the taller screen did not help)?

7.The brake judder is a problem I would not accept as being character, has anyone had this fixed or is it still ongoing?
There is no way my partner would ride the bike if this happened to her.

8.How noisey are the Terminogies(spelling ?) she likes noise and I prefer stealth.

If you are still reading this thank you for sticking with it.

This may sound daft but I like a bike that talks to you as you ride.

I did visit the MCN site looking for enlightenment (some hope) but the Multistrada link has been hijacked by a couple of abusive idiots.

Thank you for being informative.

Fieldsheer