Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Feb-2006, 21:22
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
DB Killers

Does anyone know where you can get DB Killers to fit 50mm termis?
Old 20-Feb-2006, 21:30
DSC Club Member
Ducati Corse

Mood: I feel the need, the need for speed.
Steve Jordan in Bookham had some last time I was in there.
Old 20-Feb-2006, 21:30
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
The Ring Chris?

Don't panic, see below. Hope to add my name to the list tomorrow, any DB Killers for Numpty Termis?!

The marshalls do conduct testing, both targeted and random. However, based on various experiences, we have concluded that Nürburgring GmbH is keen to be seen to be doing something to satisfy the concerns of local residents[1] without actually keeping too many people off the track. [1] Is it just me, or does it seem bizarre to live inside a race-track and then complain about the noise?

For example, they sometimes pick out perfectly standard (and quiet) vehicles to test. Phil Gardner's theory is that by picking lots of vehicles they know will pass, this enables them to be seen to be carrying out lots of tests and report back that 95% of them pass, thus giving the impression that noise is not a problem at the Ring. They have also allowed vehicles to continue after failing the test by a margin, with one person suggesting that there is an 'unofficial limit' of about 100dB.
However, the bottom-line remains that there is an official 95dB limit, and some people have been sent away for being too noisy. So if you go there with a noisy can, you run the risk that you might not get to play. Also, the German police have powers to confiscate noisy cans, which can spoil your day, especially if you've ridden there ... So unless you are going by van or trailer, and have the stock can with you for a swap if needed, I'd think about whether the extra 3bhp or whatever is worth it, especially as the Ring is not a power circuit.

If you decide to risk it, most people who get singled out for testing do so by being silly. Don't rev your engine in the car-park, keep the revs as low as possible when passing through the barriers and don't go haring off from the cones at full whack. If you wait until reaching the bridge before opening it up, you have a much better chance of getting away with it.

If you see them wandering round the car-park with a noise-meter, that is an excellent time to wander off for a coffee: if you and your keys are not with the vehicle, they can't pick you out for a random car-park test.

http://nurburgring.org.uk/noise.html
Old 20-Feb-2006, 22:00
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
you comin too roy?? coool

two up on on yer own?
Old 20-Feb-2006, 23:07
500SD

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RACE-EXHAUST-C...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 20-Feb-2006, 23:23
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
http://www.tecmoto.co.uk/
Old 20-Feb-2006, 23:46
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Quote:
Originally posted by Dementor
The Ring Chris?

Don't panic, see below. Hope to add my name to the list tomorrow, any DB Killers for Numpty Termis?!

The marshalls do conduct testing, both targeted and random. However, based on various experiences, we have concluded that Nürburgring GmbH is keen to be seen to be doing something to satisfy the concerns of local residents[1] without actually keeping too many people off the track. [1] Is it just me, or does it seem bizarre to live inside a race-track and then complain about the noise?

For example, they sometimes pick out perfectly standard (and quiet) vehicles to test. Phil Gardner's theory is that by picking lots of vehicles they know will pass, this enables them to be seen to be carrying out lots of tests and report back that 95% of them pass, thus giving the impression that noise is not a problem at the Ring. They have also allowed vehicles to continue after failing the test by a margin, with one person suggesting that there is an 'unofficial limit' of about 100dB.
However, the bottom-line remains that there is an official 95dB limit, and some people have been sent away for being too noisy. So if you go there with a noisy can, you run the risk that you might not get to play. Also, the German police have powers to confiscate noisy cans, which can spoil your day, especially if you've ridden there ... So unless you are going by van or trailer, and have the stock can with you for a swap if needed, I'd think about whether the extra 3bhp or whatever is worth it, especially as the Ring is not a power circuit.

If you decide to risk it, most people who get singled out for testing do so by being silly. Don't rev your engine in the car-park, keep the revs as low as possible when passing through the barriers and don't go haring off from the cones at full whack. If you wait until reaching the bridge before opening it up, you have a much better chance of getting away with it.

If you see them wandering round the car-park with a noise-meter, that is an excellent time to wander off for a coffee: if you and your keys are not with the vehicle, they can't pick you out for a random car-park test.

http://nurburgring.org.uk/noise.html

Guy's The quote above is one of Ben lovejoys and he is the Ring Guru (info)
BUT

£325 + 650 miles to be turned away!!
Not what i would call a good weekend

IF you dont want to RUN the DB killers on route I will gladly carry them in the support vehicle FOC
and fit them in for you up at the RING
JUST make sure you have, had/got them, fitted Before hand
then pop them in your rooky and give them to me at Dover! or
post them up to me and i'll bring them along!

Last year three of us on Dukes and one Millie R were refused!

Better to be safe than sorry !

MY official line is!

NOISE LIMIT AT THE RING!!!!

I cannot be held to book ,if you do not get on
Old 21-Feb-2006, 07:32
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
I have used Tecmoto ones at the ring., got tested after 3 laps and they got a figure of 100db. No more play!!!
Old 21-Feb-2006, 08:10
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
Quote:
Originally posted by doogalman
I have used Tecmoto ones at the ring., got tested after 3 laps and they got a figure of 100db. No more play!!!

What an expensive way to find out their limitations! Looks like the safest thing would be standard kit.
Old 21-Feb-2006, 08:27
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Quote:
Originally posted by m1keyp
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RACE-EXHAUST-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers for all of the help guys. Will the above fit 50mm termis?

Doohhhhh what am I saying, 50mm = 2 inches!!!!!