Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 21-Jul-2004, 21:35
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Sad Day

Finally decided to bite the bullet and give up biking. Had way too many scares on public roads, and that coupled with the increasing tendency towards a full on nanny state has made the decision inevitable. Am gonna stick to flying, it's safer and the government have not yet put any speed camera's up there!

Will probably keep the ST2 just in case I change my mind or someone comes to their senses and realises that speed camera's achive exactly f**k all, but the 996 is going lock, stock and barrel. Those that know me will know it's a well sorted bike, so I don't expect to have her too much longer.

Have put an ad in the market place, but in case you can't be bothered browsing there, all you need to know is here: http://www.jlawson.com/996/

Maybe see some of you at the Popham Mega Meet - I'm flying in!!!

[Edited on 21-7-2004 by yeti]
Old 21-Jul-2004, 21:39
500SD

Mood: Very happy with the Multi
Sorry to hear this John, but I know what you mean

Happy landings at Popham.

Cheers, Roy
Old 21-Jul-2004, 21:41
Ducati Corse

That is just stunning yeti - what every 996 should be! Sorry you are letting her go.
Old 21-Jul-2004, 21:47
Ducati Corse

Sorry to hear that John. If you ever fancy a go on a fastish bike then your more than welcome to borrow mine.
Old 21-Jul-2004, 21:55
BSB Star

Thanks for the comments Henners. I tried very hard not to make it too much of a tarts handbag and spent the serious money on handling and braking. John Hackett checked the engine numbers and it was one of the last genuine SPS motors with all the internal goodies, so I just let him spend the day with it on his Dyno building the chip for it.

I'm really gutted to be lettin her go, but hopefully someone will give her a good home.

Thanks again for your appreciation.
Old 21-Jul-2004, 21:56
BSB Star

Thanks rockhopper, may well take you up on that, but bearing in mind my earlier coments about public roads, perhaps not......................

[Edited on 21-7-2004 by yeti]
Old 22-Jul-2004, 22:19
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
This is a sad day indeed John.
One of the best rides I had last year was chasing you on the Crowle/Goole road up to Yorkshire.Shame we did'nt have the chance to do it more often.I hope you get what you want for the 996,that bike is the billy b0ll0x.
Old 22-Jul-2004, 23:18
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Yep, I echo Keefy's sentiments. That Crowle road behind you, Keefy and Dukerob was one of the moments that I treasure.

I dream about getting a superbike all the time and spend fruitless hours trying to find creative ways to liberate enough cash with all my other commitments. Should it be a 97/98 748 for around £4000 or then again should I hang on and spend around £9000 on a 749S, or then again, wait till my car is paid for and get a 749R...and so on and so on.

I tell you mate...if I had £9750 today, your bike would be in my shed tomorrow. I'm only about £6000 short at the moment

Hope you get the most out of your flying, and don't forget ST2's can be fun as well.
Old 23-Jul-2004, 14:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
But...But...But...But...But
What about our rideouts...what about the advanced teaching...what about my support...
Boo,hoo,hoo...

This is a sad day indeed...still comimg to the meets though aren't you???

Lisa x
Old 23-Jul-2004, 17:03
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Although I've never met you I sorry to see that you are giving up riding.Whilst I can appreciate your reasons I personally am not prepared to let the faceless ones drive me off the road without a struggle
I hope you enjoy your flying in safety

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit