Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 09-Aug-2004, 14:14
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Own worst enemy

Nothing new but i was quite stunned and ashamed to be a biker when watching 3 clowns riding yesterday. I had come from my house in frodsham, and was traveling on the A56 through helsby to have a couple of R1/R6's and some **** on a GSXR come behind me. No problem there but traffic was moving at a good 40 mph in the 30 and these guys passed me and a car in front causing the car to slam on to give room, the others soon followed and caused the same to each of the cars. I hung back until it was safe to pass (ie no blind bend) and the cars had spaced out enough should i need to pull back in.
anyway after a few miles behind keeping my distance from these muppets i observed some strange riding lines and spacing (or lack of) and some entertaining cornering techniques, perhaps they were hanging off the bike and keeping the bike at a good vertical angle because they were worried about catching thier jeans / tshirts on the road ? i resited the temptation to ride round the outside.
anyway after a few more non handed dances on the gixer they pass a few more cars outside a load of shops only to nearly lose one of thier gang to a car turning right they had failed to notice while chatting to each other at only a few feet from the car in fronts tail.

I know we all like speed and there are times and places to go quick, but these pillocks are a discrace to the biking world, with poor riding and control skills let alone the lack of respect shown to anyone in thier way with making cars move over and brake suddenly. I am in my early 30's and have ridden since 16 and perhaps i am noticing it more these days but with idiots like this on the road its no wonder the police are sick of us. with pipes that make your ears bleed just by looking at them (i could hear this gixxer over my own termi's from 50m in front) and numberplates the size of postage stamps.
anyway i guess its something we must just get used to, but the hot weather certainly seems to bring out the worst of us.

But on the upside, it was nice to meet freak and lily at the ponderosa yesterday. bikes sounded well pulling away guys

[Edited on 9-8-2004 by crm250]
Old 09-Aug-2004, 14:58
Big Twin

crm250
yep ,that sounds like a pretty typical ride through frodsham.
who won? My moneys on the car.
Old 09-Aug-2004, 15:01
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Yep, seeing more and more of this sort of thing.

It's hardly surprising we all get tarred with the same brush.

Rgds, Rob
Old 09-Aug-2004, 15:03
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Quote:
Originally posted by guest1
crm250
yep ,that sounds like a pretty typical ride through frodsham.
who won? My moneys on the car.

There's a joke in there somewhere about cars and getting things back to front ... I can't do that to you, Alan.
Old 09-Aug-2004, 15:21
500SD

It was much the same riding through Weardale yesterday. It's getting that I'm more wary of the bikers than the car drivers. Coming up behind a line of slow moving cars, I'm hesitant to pass them on account of the 'bikers' just behind me, who seem to think that the moment I accelerate to overtake I must want a race. These guys are immediately so hard on the gas (in my blind spot, I might add) that if I don't give it full welly I'm actually in danger of being rear-ended! Is it cos I ride a Ducati? Methinks it may well be!
Old 09-Aug-2004, 15:41
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Its a great shame to see these idiots some times, you can see where the statistics come from about accidents involving bikers.I have often wondered about the attitude of these riders, thankfully I have not come across too many in my neck of the woods and me being privaliged to ride with other respectful riders who can and do ride "progresivly" but often setting a good example to other road users. Unless they happen to come across a 4+4 or Volvoman (Jools be excluded) 4D
Old 09-Aug-2004, 17:18
Mille

I was driving my car to a gig in Bicester last Saturday down the A1 before turning off towards Milton keynes on the A421. I was in the overtaking lane trying to get past another car doing about 75mph. An R1 came up behind me at a rate of knots and stayed right on my rear fender until I could get past. If he'd been any closer, he'd have fathered a baby Saab! Made my blood boil!
Old 09-Aug-2004, 17:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Now, if the government would only put up more speed cameras (er..I mean safety cameras) we wouldn't have this problem!
Old 09-Aug-2004, 17:42
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
All the above re-confirms my decision to give up road riding and stick to flying. At least it's regulated to get rid of most the ****s.

There was a racther disturbing article about just this sort of thing in the Times yesterday. Don't reckon it will be too long before the governement strats to jump on born again's. All sorts of talk about re-training etc.

Ah well...................
Old 09-Aug-2004, 17:47
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Hiya Paul

Yeah was good to see you again too. Maybe next time we can meet up again and have a ducati outing

TBH we didn't see too many idiots out yesterday, we had a few enthusiastic moments, but as with any day trip into Wales you have to take it steady. Saw a fair few police cars out towards Cerrig, but as long as you are sensible along that stretch they seem ok.

Great ride, even with the high speed filtereing on the way back

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit